Reader
Leopardfire1380
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook HD Frozen?

[ Edited ]

In the middle of loading of an app, my Nook HD froze. All it shows is a black screen, the back arrow, search, and square buttons. The real buttons do not work at all. When I plug it in to charge, the light does show. I've only had this for 1-2 months, and did not purchase the extended warranty. Is there anything I can do?

Edit: If I let my Nook HD's battery die, does it automatically turn back on upon charging? I'm considering doing that, but I'm not sure if it will work.

Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD Frozen?

[ Edited ]

My Nook HD+ has started doing this too - and it seems to be linked to my device endlessly 'syncing to library'. It only started in the last couple of days - I'm hoping it's to do with the upgrade to 2.1.1 messing with the B&N servers, and that it will settle down once I have updated the OS.  

I really can't face a de-register/re-register!!

Reader
Leopardfire1380
0 Kudos

I got it to unfreeze by draining it's battery, and plugging it in the charger. Nothing else worked, so hopefully if someone else has a problem similar to mine, they can do this, to.

Inspired Correspondent
bugeek

[ Edited ]

Did you try holding down the power button and tapping the nook key... Sometimes might take more than one press. Can sometimes unfreeze a nook similar to how to unfreeze an iPod or iPad .. If it works I tend to then do a full shutoff of the nook not a sleep by holding down power key untill it asks to shutdown, and reboot.

Contributor
itsabirditsaplane
0 Kudos

Mine always freezes when its trying to sync (2x's a day) I always have to press and hold the power button to reload it. Is there a setting where I can un auto sync and manually sync it on my own time ? Or will I always have to do the reboot  two times a day?

New User
Dadi_North
0 Kudos

This saved me. i thanks you for this information