Reader
Leopardfire1380
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook HD Frozen?

[ Edited ]

In the middle of loading of an app, my Nook HD froze. All it shows is a black screen, the back arrow, search, and square buttons. The real buttons do not work at all. When I plug it in to charge, the light does show. I've only had this for 1-2 months, and did not purchase the extended warranty. Is there anything I can do?

Edit: If I let my Nook HD's battery die, does it automatically turn back on upon charging? I'm considering doing that, but I'm not sure if it will work.

Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD Frozen?

[ Edited ]

My Nook HD+ has started doing this too - and it seems to be linked to my device endlessly 'syncing to library'. It only started in the last couple of days - I'm hoping it's to do with the upgrade to 2.1.1 messing with the B&N servers, and that it will settle down once I have updated the OS.  

I really can't face a de-register/re-register!!

Reader
Leopardfire1380

I got it to unfreeze by draining it's battery, and plugging it in the charger. Nothing else worked, so hopefully if someone else has a problem similar to mine, they can do this, to.

Inspired Correspondent
bugeek

[ Edited ]

Did you try holding down the power button and tapping the nook key... Sometimes might take more than one press. Can sometimes unfreeze a nook similar to how to unfreeze an iPod or iPad .. If it works I tend to then do a full shutoff of the nook not a sleep by holding down power key untill it asks to shutdown, and reboot.

Contributor
itsabirditsaplane
0 Kudos

Mine always freezes when its trying to sync (2x's a day) I always have to press and hold the power button to reload it. Is there a setting where I can un auto sync and manually sync it on my own time ? Or will I always have to do the reboot  two times a day?

New User
Dadi_North
0 Kudos

This saved me. i thanks you for this information

New User
MsKiwiHarris
0 Kudos

:smileysad: All of my APPs R GONE! HELP!

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener

[ Edited ]

MsKiwiHarris wrote:

:smileysad: All of my APPs R GONE! HELP!

On the top left corner of the screen, tap your name whereit says "So and so's Nook." Another screen should pop up. Tap "Edit Profiles", then tap the name of your profile, and then tap "Manage Content." Scroll down to "Apps" and look across to the right. There is a box. Tap it to make the "check mark" appear to get ALL apps to show up. Or, expand the app list, go through the app list and check the apps you want. Then tap "Save."  Go back to your home screen, go to yout apps lbrary and they should be there now. 

See if that works for you.