Contributor
mbth3368
0 Kudos

Nook HD No Sound

I got Nook HD on Christmas 2012, it has been working fine until yesterday afternoon.  I don't have any sound on it.  I didn't drop it or get it wet.  I have rebooted and shut it off for awhile to see if that would ix the problem.  I also deregister the device, to see if that would fix the problem and It did not.  I do have  2 year warranty on it. If anybody knows how to fix the problem. If you could leave easy directions. Thank you and Happy Memorial Day

Contributor
mbth3368
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD No Sound

I quess nobody has ever had this problem. thank you for looking anyway.

Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

I haven't had the issue myself, but remember this thread on sound issues. Maybe it will be of some help to you:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-HD-HD-Support/Nook-HD-plus-Volume-muted/m-p/1456587/high...

Contributor
mbth3368
0 Kudos

thank you for the info. I will look at posts and see if that could help.

Contributor
mbth3368
0 Kudos

talked to two friendly nook techs on phone today regarding my issue. I followed thier steps and still didn't correct the problem.  They told me I could get replacement, since it protected by 2 year repairment plan.

I have send back the old Nook and they will be replacing it with a new one this week. 

thank for the help and posts. have a great week!

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Try this: Open Google Play Store.

Search for a Volume Control App. I think there's one called MultiVolume Control.

Download that.

Using that turn mute setting on and off. So make sure you use it to turn off mute.

Now try it.

New User
Golo
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I experienced the same problem.

In my case, what was causing it was, I had left open the App Talktone. It was hijacking all of the sounds except Alarms, and even then only worked with headphones.

After I turned off the Talktone app, everything worked fine.

Mark Dresslar

Tierra del Fuego

New User
Golo
0 Kudos

I experienced the same problem with sounds on my Nook.

What was causing it was the app Talktone was left running.

After I turned Talktone off, everyting was fine.

Mark Dresslar

Tierra del Fuego

Reader
Rismyth
0 Kudos

So glad top find this thread. Saw what had happened and figured on of my apps had muted the sound but could not find any way to un-mute it with the built in Nook settings. Hadn't really occured to me to find an app to do the volume control outside of the operating system.

I used the Volume + (first one I found...) free version.

Thanks again.