Frequent Contributor
kevinp
0 Kudos

Nook HD and HD+ on sale at Staples

Don't know if I'm allowed to post stuff like this here (I'm new to this forum), but on the Staples web site right now the Nook HD is $149 and the HD+ is $199.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD and HD+ on sale at Staples

Yes, it's allowed. Thanks for sharing. These are crazy prices.

For me it switched to showing $159 and $209 (still a steal).

Here's a link for anyone interested - http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesCategoryDisplay?catalogId=10051&interceptedCatEntryId=...

Contributor
Saberspeed
0 Kudos

I really cant believe it, I saved up through online rewards and credit card cashback rewards $275 bucks so I would only pay about $20 bucks outta pocket (tax) on black friday weekend and it took me like a year. Someone from black friday weekend to know I missed out on b&n $20 giftcard, free $30 headphones and now $70 off (though I dont have staples giftcard)...thanks for finding new ways to make me feel like a fool B&N. I even had the option to return my HD+ to the local B&N store I bought it from and order same thing online to get $20 gift card but I didnt want to cost them the money of reselling it as refurnished device so I asked their customer service if they could just send me $20 gift card since Id bought it within the return window of 14 days and save themselves the trouble...their response was just return it and order again. Now Im thinking maybe the reason I like B&N so much was cause I mostly went their to read books for free and leave and never had to deal with their sales policy.
Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie

Just checked the website and they now them listed at the normal price.  I know you feel Saberspeed I too got the Nook HD+ prior to all the discounts/extras available, unfortunately this is common at this time of year.

mrskooshie
DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,253
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

mrskooshie wrote:

Just checked the website and they now them listed at the normal price.  I know you feel Saberspeed I too got the Nook HD+ prior to all the discounts/extras available, unfortunately this is common at this time of year.

At 10pm yesterday the special was still in effect;  at 11pm it was gone.

One reason for the "random" one-day sales, is to get people to check the retailer's web site daily.

Note that there are web sites that track daily specials, so you can check there instead.

Nooks: 2 HD+/16GB, 2 HD/8GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted; Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted
    2 Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted
Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted
LG G Pad 8.3 Android 4.4.2; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Frequent Contributor
nooker10
0 Kudos

You were lucky, I just checked online Staples and spoke w/ CHAT and the price for HD and HD+ is not on sale still $199.00 & $269.00