Frequent Contributor
Grammarsnob
0 Kudos

Nook HD+ and Ubuntu Lucid Linux

My Nook HD+ shows up fine on my Windows 7 OS. However, when I plug into my Ubuntu 10.04 OS, all I see is the .html installation file used for Mac machines. How do I make my Ubuntu OS see my Nook HD+?

I have owned a Nook 1st Gen, Nook Color and Nook Tablet. All of them showed up on Ubuntu without a problem. One of the biggest reasons I like Nook is how easy it has been to transfer external content (using Ubuntu). B&N, I am not pleased that you made this more complicated. -.-

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,923
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD+ and Ubuntu Lucid Linux

MTP strikes again!

You'll probably have to write some drivers for it...

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Android. It's a Google decision to make Android 4.0 use a different file transfer protocol called MTP though it might as well have been called NeverWorksProperly Protocol.

Lots and lots of problems.

New User
Webmole
0 Kudos

I have no problem adding whatever I want to an SD card in my computer, then putting the SD card in my nook HD+ all the files seem to be there.
Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Search for MTP in your software center.
Or run Synaptic package managersearch or a google search on MTP.

As you have to install MTP support in linux

I installed kio-mtp first then Mtpfs is FUSE filesystem that supports reading and writing from any MTP device. Basically it allows you to mount your device as an external drive.

Mtpfs can be installed with the packge manager for your distro.

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
New User
ParadoxTMA
0 Kudos

gMTP is a good program for transferring files to/from the NOOK HD, I assume it works for the HD+ as well.  I was able to download it from ubuntu Software Center.