Reader
tkrunche
0 Kudos

Nook HD+ does not support Minecraft PE Multiplayer? Please help

We bought a nook for our son for his birthday and while he can do most things (read books, internet, netflix) fine on it, one of his main hobbies right now is Minecraft.  I know next to nothing about Minecraft so forgive me if I state this wrong, but when he plays minecraft, he is able to join other players worlds, but they cannot join his worlds. 

Here is what we know:

All the devices are the same version of minecraft (7.2)

We are all on the same wifi connection

His "multiplayer server visibility" (or whatever that switch in minecraft is called) is on

He can join all his friends "worlds" that come to our house, but they cannot join his

Here is what we have tried:

Updating to latest nook software

uninstalling and reinstalling minecraft

toggling that multiplayer visibility switch on and off several times

Nothing works so far. Other forums have said it is an OS problem and there is no fix. Although we're mostly happy witht he nook hd+, if there is no fix for this, we will probably return it. 

If anyone has any ideas, please help.

Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD+ does not support Minecraft PE Multiplayer? Please help

Have you tried emailing the developer of the Minecraft App and asking them what might be causing the issue?

Reader
tkrunche
0 Kudos

Yes I have. The claim is an OS problem....does that mean it is B&N or minecraft problem. Overall, this nook is now driving us crazy. Always glitchy. We constantly have to restart it.
Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

I guess by OS Minecraft mean 'Not Us - either Android OS or Barnes & Noble who have tweaked the Android OS'

If this is a deal breaker for you, and you know from other online forums that this issue has no work-around or fix, I would return the device asap within the return period.

Reader
tkrunche
0 Kudos

We're already out of the return period by 14 days so we're out of luck.
Inspired Correspondent
bugeek
0 Kudos

Two things... Have you updated your nook to current version 2.1.1. Also have you considered an micro SD card version of android like AFN or N2A... Which uses a newer more generic version of android.... Tend to prefer AFN . could build one yourself but its not for novice users due to fickle SD card selection
New User
HappyHiker
0 Kudos

Here's a fix :-) Nook will not broadcast itself as a server. However if you go into setting, wifi and pick the network you are on, it will show your ip address. Write that down. Now start a game, make sure multiplayer is on. Go on to another nook, hit play, then edit, the new button will turn to external hit that. Now you get an add server page, enter a name, the ip address you wrote down and leave port as is. Hit add server. Now the server you added(first nook) will show up and you can play as normal. Repeat the process on nook2 if you want to play the other way round. Enjoy !,,