Contributor
Hipzip14
0 Kudos

Nook HD+ plastic lining coming unglued?

On my Nook HD+, the plastic gray frame surrounded the glass is coming undone a little at the top right corner. Has anybody else had this? Will Barnes and Noble fix it if I have insurance?
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD+ plastic lining coming unglued?

Hip, if your bezel is coming lose, I would stop by your local store and see if they can replace it for you. Did you purchase your device from your local store or on line?

Contributor
Hipzip14
0 Kudos

I got it from my local Barnes and Noble, but now I'm back at college and no where near the place I bought it. Will any Barnes and Noble do?
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Absolutely. Bring your receipt.

Wordsmith
2noelle

I had the same problem with my hd+ and they replaced it with a new one. I preordered mine online, but when I noticed the problem, I took it to my local bn and they replaced it with a new one. Take your receipt and don' t let them tell you they haven' t heard about the bevel separating; this isn't a new problem
Inspired Wordsmith
luvbooksCM
0 Kudos

I just purchased a Nook HD 7" this past Saturday and I noticed the same thing! The white plastic bezel is coming unglued at the top & bottom of the device and around the volume control buttons. I wasn't sure if I was just being picky, but since I just noticed this thread, I think I will go back to the store this Saturday with my receipt and see what can be done. I've only had the Nook for 4 days and I didn't get the optional warranty so I'm hoping this will be covered under the regular warranty?

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

luv....it sounds like a manufactures defect. You have nothing to lose by trying.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

They should replace it.  If they don't, since you are within the return period, just return it and buy a new one.

Inspired Wordsmith
luvbooksCM
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input. I wasn't sure if I was just being too picky, but I did an online nook chat with a representative this morning and they told me to take it back to the store for a replacement. I was also having a problem with the charger making a buzzing noise & heating up when the nook was plugged in to be charged. It only did it while charging. Once the nook was fully charged, the buzzing stopped and the plug cooled off. Not sure if this is also a defect, but I'll be returning the whold thing on Saturday (16th) for a replacement, so maybe both issues will be resolved with the replacement.

Reader 4
DAWNPS
0 Kudos

I also had this problem. B & N will replace it also, are you using the grovyer cover? I think the cover is not the right size for the nook hd+. The reason I believe this is because it started to lift on my replace NOOk but as soon as I removed it from the cover it stopped lifting. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I've seen other users also have the charger issue. They replace the charger too.

I was also having a problem with the charger making a buzzing noise & heating up when the nook was plugged in to be charged. It only did it while charging. Once the nook was fully charged, the buzzing stopped and the plug cooled off. Not sure if this is also a defect

Contributor
06sonata
0 Kudos

I had the same issue with the bezel separating.. I had my nook in the BN lautner cover and as soon as I took it out of the cover it stopped and looks better.  It's like the left side hook in the cover pulls on the edge of the nook.  I have on oberon cover coming to put my nook in. 

Inspired Wordsmith
luvbooksCM
0 Kudos

My nook isn't in a cover yet. When I was at the store purchasing my nook, I couldn't decide on which cover to get, so I decided to mull if over first. The plastic strip was lifting right out of the box. When I removed the nook from the box and took off the plastic film, I noticed right away the bezel was lifted around the volume rockers. I left my nook to charge as per instructions (that's when I heard the buzzing noise from the wall charger). I went  back to my nook a few hours later to check it and it had finished charging and the buzzing noise had stopped. It was then that I also noticed the plastic strip was lifting away from the bottom of the unit & the top of the unit. I wasn't going to say anything about it, but since seeing this discussion, I've decided to return it this weekend for a replacement. I have had my nook for 5 days now and the plastic bezel has started lifting away on the left hand side of the nook. I still haven't put it in a case yet, just a padded sleeve. Not sure if this additional info will help anyone.

New User
Michael_Ashleigh_Finn
0 Kudos

This is still an issue, as I just boughtmine Weds and had to return it, and the next 3 opened boxes had the same issue. Currently waiting for a new shipment to see if these have the problem. I really like this device and really hate the idea of returning it for good.
Contributor
Hard_Work
0 Kudos

I returned two nook HDs for the bezel issue. It's also happening on the one I have now, but I decided to live with it. I bought the warranty, so I will hold onto this one until the problem is fixed...IF the problem is fixed...