New User
rellik1000
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD plus Volume muted

Thanks to all volume control+ fixed it.

Another one of android os peculiar bugs.

Distinguished Correspondent
lochnez

Just encountered this problem on my HD. After reading it could be a battery app, I checked, and sure enough, my battery saver had a profile that mutes the device when the battery is low. Problem is, the HD was fully charged! Worse, I couldn't uncheck mute on the profile. So I created a new profile with no mute, applied it, and sound came back! App is Battery Doctor. I think lt's a good app, but you just have to be careful about the profile.

Contributor
PatsNook
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This happened to my HD just today. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and even rebooted it. But I promptly googled the issue and came up with this thread. The solution to download and use Volume Control+ worked perfectly. Thanks to those who posted the answer. I was bummed out for awhile thinking I might have to send it in for repair under warranty.

I also have Battery Doctor installed. But my battery never fell below 50% today. I don't know if that app was the cause, but just to be safe, I uninstalled it. I wasn't using it anyway. I use Greenify and App Killer to monitor and manage battery drain. I also use Llama, which is great for automatically shutting off Wi-Fi when the screen goes off. I found that made a big difference in battery life.

So thanks again to all for this helpful thread.

Reader 4
laurel25
0 Kudos

Thanks so much! This app fixed my problem!!!
Distinguished Correspondent
Jadjuka
0 Kudos

How do I use the Volume Control + app so it fixes the volume issue? I purchased a nook video and after viewing, the volume drastically shot down. I have the app but no idea how to really use it or how it fixes my nook volume.

Reader 2
GenXer
0 Kudos

This issue of muting the entire Nook HD happened to me and this post was the single most helpful post of everything I found. I downloaded the app and now I'm up and running. Thank you!
New User
Jackaroowho
0 Kudos

Woo hoo!!! The Volume Control + app worked for me too!! I've been about to pull my hair out trying to figure out the problem, LOL!!! Thanks soooo much to the person who posted this fix!
Reader
gbrutt
0 Kudos

I just experienced the same problem and downloaded the volume control app.  Installed it, opened it and all is well again.  Thanks for the help.

Contributor
Juwster
0 Kudos

The issue finally resolved for a time. Today my sound went out again - 13 months later - on the same device. So here I am back on the same post. I just downloaded Volume Control+. My problem was immediately resolved!  :smileylol: Thank you everyone for your replies and for keeping this post alive. It can be so frustrating to have an issue and not be able to find an answer that you know must be there. Hopefully, others will stumble upon this post as well when they are having a volume issue with their Nook.

New User
Bert64
0 Kudos

Thank you! I used Volume Control+ by coffeebreaksoft and it fixed my problem of my volume being muted. It must be one of my apps as I don't have a battery saving app.