Contributor
mrsbeaseley
0 Kudos

Nook HD problems

I think I'm going to have to return my new Nook HD..I just got it last week for Christmas.  Registered it, then I kept getting a message on the home screen that said "Unfortunately your home stopped working."  I deregistered it and still kept getting that message.  After the 3rd time of deregistering, it finally went away.  However now I'm having an issue with the little "n" button that you press to wake your Nook up.  Sometimes it takes up to 4 times to press it in order to get my Nook running from sleep mode.  Other times I get a blank screen that shows light, as if it will turn on, but doesn't.  Will B&N replace it with another one?  I never had any problems with my Nook Color for the 2 years that I had it.  It still works great but just gave it to my mother.  I love the Nook but can't see keeping this if there are problems right off the start....Do you think this warrants at least an exchange???

Reader 4
nookkindle

Re: Nook HD problems

The nook should not have the issues you are experiencing
I would get it exchanged where purchased
If that is not an option go into your local Barnes & Noble store
Contributor
mrsbeaseley
0 Kudos

Thanks for your advice.  Yes, it is very discouraging.  I will go to the B & N store today.  Hopefully I can get one that works properly.  Thank you for your time.

Contributor
Katy_Beth
0 Kudos

I'm having exactly the same issue and was why I was getting on tonight to find out if others reported the same problem.  

Frequent Contributor
rmo56
0 Kudos

though you could try a soft reboot

hold the power button in, ignore anything on the screen, continue to hold until the Nook powers off....then back on...usually this will solve some "loop" problems on the NOOk. Otherwise get an exchange if you continue to have a problem

GMZ
Reader 4
GMZ
0 Kudos

I purchased my hd last week after previously owning the nook color, tablet, and the smaller one. I have had issues turning it on, keeping it on, having it randomly turn off, and now not turn on just light part way, I am on my nook tablet right now because again I can't turn my hd+ on! So tomorrow I will try to play nice and exchange it at the store, the manager is a royal jerk and never wrong even if Nook support tells him to exchange it. The nooks should be easily turned on and off, navigated as quickly as you can, an fun. Plus I could not transfer any files on to it!!
Georgia
Contributor
mrsbeaseley

Hi!

I returned my Nook HD for an exchange before the 14 days were up on the refund policy.  I took my Nook HD to our downtown Seattle B&N store.  No questions asked!  Very helpful.  Well, it was very obvious that my Nook HD was experiencing all sorts of problems when the sales associate was looking at it.  They simply exchanged it for a new one and told me that if I had problems with the new one to bring it back as well.  I hope you can exchange yours.  The best time to speak with a sales representative is right when they open in the morning.  The store is not crowded and they have a little more time to assist you then having to be rushed once the store is busy.  Now that I have my new Nook HD it is working great and I love it! 

Inspired Contributor
Miss_Kilman
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting us all know how your return turned out, mrsbeaseley. I'm happy to hear that your new hardware is working the way it was intended. Enjoy your new-new Nook!

Contributor
Katy_Beth

I did the tech support chat yesterday morning.  Tried all the tricks and same problem so I took mine back as well and exchanged it.   So far so good but it was a pain to get everything set back up on my shelves.  I was surprised and pleased that the profiles and the items I had already assigned to profiles transfered unto my new device that did make some of the set up easier.  

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing.