New User
mrmackim

Nook HD+ (v2.1) Google Voice crashes

Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried using Google Voice on the Nook HD+ with 2.1?  It keeps crashing on my HD+ with an error "android.database.sqlite.SQLiteException: ambiguous column name: account_name"

Cheers,

mrmackim

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD+ (v2.1) Google Voice crashes

Yes,
Have used it to search websites and with making a shopping list. Both worked fine.

I also tried dictating a paragraph for transcription; that wasn't so accurate, but after several retakes I was finally able to get a reasonable result minus punctuation.
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Contributor
Bremen72
0 Kudos

Google Search and Google Voice are seperate, Google search should learn as you use it so it should get better.

I installed Google Voice this morning and it initially ran and setup fine but after that it started crashing.  I submitted the crash so hopefully they will get it fixed.

New User
mrmackim
0 Kudos

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just my Nook.  Your description is exactly what happened to me. It installs fine, but once you run it, it fails.  I submitted the crash as well.

New User
RySean
0 Kudos

Same here, I logged into Google Voice on my HD+, and whenever I open it now it crashed instantly before it loads the inbox. :-/ really obnoxious, I submitted a crash report, hopefully it gets fixed soon.
New User
ndroid
0 Kudos

I have the same problem too.  Thought I just got a bad unit.  Returned it for another one; the same thing happened.  This is like one of the most important app for me.  Anyone know if Voice will work on a root SD like the Rootmynook or N2A.

New User
Orgomon
0 Kudos

Google Voice itself does not appear to work on the HD+.  I use the Talkatone app (free on the Play store) with my Google Voice number and it works great on my Nook HD+.  Might be a suitable workaround for you.

Frequent Contributor
lparsons21
0 Kudos

Let me 2nd the recommendation of Talkatone. It works and is stable.

Google Voice just isn't stable on the Nook HD and + imo.
Reader 2
J-M-K
0 Kudos

So, I take it that the current situation with Google Voice constantly crashing on the Nook HD+ is satisfactory to both Barnes & Noble and Google. Well, it's at least nice that Talkatone, a third party, at least cares. My only problem with Talkatone, apart from being rather cryptic, is that I can't listen to my old voice mails, an error flashes too quickly for me to read. Also, I can't tell if I'm getting my calls properly. My cell rang, but I saw nor heard any ringing by Talkatone. And yes, I set up Voice to forward to Talk.
New User
rhawk301
0 Kudos

December 2013 over here, and still not working. Is this a Nook problem, or Google voice issue? It probably would take less time for Nook to incorporate this fix themselves.
New User
roger555
0 Kudos

BARNES AND NOBLE NOOK HD+,

PLEASE FIX "VOICE SEARCH", MY

FAVORITE APP, OR WHAT EVER IT

IS.

THANK YOU

ROGER

NORTH TEXAS

I HAVE A NOOK 7", HD7", AND HD+9"

CAN NOT LIVE WITH OUT THEM !!!!!!

hehehhe

Reader 2
tholyoak
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I bought my daughters new Nooks for Christmas expecting this to work. They've been using Google Voice for texting for a couple years on their old Nooks, using the web browser. I was really hoping the Nook HD would let them use the actual app, but we're extremely disappointed. And seeing that it's been a known problem for this long makes it even worse. I was going to try Talkatone, which I see recommended here, but apparently Google is cutting them off so that's no longer an option either.