New User
larkat7
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook HD wifi issues

I've had trouble connecting to a secured wireless network on my campus.  Every time it searches for the network, the Nook restarts.  This is the only network this happens to.  My home network and every other place I've been, I've had no issues.  Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a solution?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD wifi issues

Please elaborate on 'everytime it searches for the network, the Nook restarts'.

1) Are you going to the WiFi page, choosing the network and tapping on it to connect on it, and then it restarts?

OR

2) Does it restart when you enter network password and/or connect to it?

OR

3) When WiFi page starts searching for networks?

also, if it crashes during the process of signing on to network, please let us know what step it crashes at i.e. connecting, varifying, getting IP address, or something else?

Also, what apps do you have running? It might very well be that some app that uses wireless is the one causing the restart.

New User
larkat7
0 Kudos

The Nook restarts after I have entered the password for the network.  However, if I try to reconnect to the network, the Nook restarts before I can even push the "forget this network" button.  This is the only network it does this on, so I am not sure why it happens. 

New User
larkat7
0 Kudos

I finally was able to connect to the wireless.  It turned out I needed to forget the network while I was not at school (to prevent it from automatically restarting).  Then, the next time I tried to connect, I went into the advanced settings and selected "none" for proxy and accepted a certificate.  This enabled me to connect with my username and password.

New User
Chocofever
0 Kudos

Hello, I am having the same issue but I just recieved my Nook HD + and logged onto the net work and its keeps restarting.

PLEASE HELP