New User
Shadeluc
0 Kudos

Nook HD will not connect to home wifi

Brand new Nook HD.  Wifi network shows up in the list.  Clicked it, enterend password. Just keeps saying connecting.  Never connects. Have a netgear router. Looks like it uses WEP. Any help would be appreciated.  Let me know if you need any additional info.

Reader
Tad74
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD will not connect to home wifi

i am also having this problem. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Two things that would help

1) Switch to using b or g instead of n.

2) Don't use Mixed Mode. Use only 2.4 GHz.

Please let me know if you need more details. You can get to your router's settings page by typing 192.186.1.1 in a browser. It varies per router so you could type something like 'cisco router settings ip' to find your ip.

Reader
Tad74

i solved the issue by turning off my wireless router for about ten minutes.  after it rebooted, the nook connected without any problems. 

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

Two things that would help

1) Switch to using b or g instead of n.

2) Don't use Mixed Mode. Use only 2.4 GHz.

Please let me know if you need more details. You can get to your router's settings page by typing 192.186.1.1 in a browser. It varies per router so you could type something like 'cisco router settings ip' to find your ip.

I'm not sure if item 2 applies... Neither of my Nooks can see the 5GHz band (even with the router broadcasting the SSID on that band, and manually entering the connection information on the Nook). On my router, there are separate SSIDs for the two bands (and a third SSID for the guest connection that doesn't see the LAN, and uses a browser entered password to enable unsecured connection to the WAN).

Not using mixed b/g/n on 2.4GHz, though, is a valid concern. I don't know of anything modern that uses the old slow b mode, and n mode does not like sharing with b/g at all...

Baron Wulfraed
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Wulfraed.

Contributor
th0ughts
0 Kudos

Also, consider the s/w version.  When I see "brand new" I think outdated s/w.