New User
Lyneed
0 Kudos

Nook HD+ will not turn on or boot up although fully charged

I have fully charged by Nook HD + which was working just fine yesterday morning, but all of a sudden yesterday afternoon, it totally quit and I could get nothing but a complete black screen.  I completely charged the battery thinking this could be the problem but after an 8 hour charge, the problem is still there.  The back lower left of the case feels warm to the touch but has been sitting in open space area.  Please help!

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Re: Nook HD+ will not turn on or boot up although fully charged

if you have an sd card installed, try removing it. if you press and hold the power button on the side for ~ 30 seconds, do you even see the screen flash as the lcd panel is forced on?
"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Also try this:

Press and hold power button and 'n' button for 30 seconds.

New User
Lyneed
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.  I don't have an SD card installed.  What had happed was the charger cord was bad and the battery had drained all the way out even though it was showing as charging.  I took it to the B&N store today and had it thoroughly checked out and that is what they found out when they replaced the charger cord.  Works fine now.  Always something simple LOL.