Frequent Contributor
MyBowelMovement
0 Kudos

Nook Video issue beware

[ Edited ]

Anyone?

few days ago i bought Nook vid world war z and as soon as it appeared on my home screen i noticed there was no box art pic in the carousel just a blue box with the name of the movie...

but wait.........................

ALL of my videos in my library lost their pic, now just a bunch of blue boxes.

BN recreated the problem on their end but, whatever....

Anyone elso have this issue?

Be warned: if you purchase a movie/rent, whatever, you will not be getting the pic you see in the shop on your device, but a generic blank blue box with the name of the movie, AND it will convert all your other pics (videos only) to blue boxes, beware.

you may say, no big deal right, who cares about a pic? well, you gonna buy a new movie dvd without the box, or just a blank case !

+

ALL your UV movies will transfer to your device without pics (boxart) and register/deregister/ no troubleshoot works.

So if your ok now, DO NOT BUY/RENT ANYTHING it will destroy your library

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Video issue beware

Thanks for the heads up. That would be totally annoying to me.

Distinguished Correspondent
lochnez

This person has posted this same complaint elsewhere, in ALL CAPS. Not good, not good at all.

Frequent Contributor
MyBowelMovement
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
MyBowelMovement
0 Kudos

nook video issue no resolution in sight

Refusal to give answers or update customers about a resolution or even recognition. Issue still exists going on 5 days. No coverart for purchased nook videos
Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

Re: nook video issue no resolution in sight

Refusal to understand that this is a user forum.  There are no technical support staff reading your complaints here, no matter how many times you report them.

Contributor
DeadInside
0 Kudos

I have same issues and its starting to tick me off.
Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

I agree there should be better communications from B&N but I signed on with the very first Nook and I'll be patient. I have four Nooks in my household. I love the products but B&N has not always been that great about letting us know what's going on or when something will be addressed. As others have pointed out, this is a forum for users. Laurie's already posted the issue in the appropriate location and I see you've added your concerns there also. I agree this is frustrating and annoying, however, I can still stream or download my videos so, for me, it's not that big a deal. You can also open the vudu app or flixster and see your video covers there. Hang in there. They'll fix the issue eventually, hopefully.
Frequent Contributor
Aristotelian
0 Kudos

It's hard to take someone seriously when their name is "MyBowelMovement". Have you tried doing a factory reset? 

Contributor
DeadInside
0 Kudos

Aristotelian wrote:

It's hard to take someone seriously when their name is "MyBowelMovement". Have you tried doing a factory reset? 

about a week ago, every movie in my library turned to blue icon and its no change since. every app also now has no screenshots as well.

not tryin to hijack the thread, but do you have the same issue? check your movies.

Contributor
DeadInside
0 Kudos

Anyone try and rent or buy? What happened?