Inspired Wordsmith
KidneyKid
0 Kudos

Nook shows up as mtp device. Cannot load update.

This might be an old question, but I couldnt find help. When I plug my nook into the computer it shows up as an mtp device. I have a Nook hd+ and my computer is running windows xp. Can someone point me to how I can fix this please? I really want the new update.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

Re: Nook shows up as mtp device. Cannot load update.

it's supposed to be that way. :smileyhappy: Just click on it to open it, then move/copy your downloaded file into the top level (not into any of the folders).

Inspired Wordsmith
KidneyKid
0 Kudos

Thanks. I thought it had to show up as BNTV600 and then I had to open up a folder in that and then drop it in there. So just open the mtp thing and drop at the top? I shall try.

Distinguished Correspondent
jamartMF
0 Kudos

Yes kidneykid that is correct. Mine did not show as BNT600 either and it worked.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

When you open the MTP thing you'll see a folder - INternal Storage. You have to go in there.

What do you need to drop?

If it's the software update then you can drop it right in the MTP thing or in Internal Storage - same thing.

Bibliophile
bklvr896

Someone else just posted this. If you're connected to wifi, go to Nook settings, device info. Tap on the version and tap check for updates. No need to go through the computer. Took less than 5 minutes