New User
teresacrvr
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Nook video rental & wifi

If i rent a nook video at a wifi hotspot is it downloaded into my nook? I dont have wifi at home and want to be able to watch it uninterrupted.

Thanks

Inspired Correspondent
The_Imperfect

Re: Nook video rental & wifi

After purchase/rental, the video will add to the account but have a download-from-cloud icon.  You can tap the video cover pic in your library/desktop, and it will offer the option to stream or download.  Download speed depends on the wifi you're using and the file size.  If it's a public wifi spot, you may have to wait a while if it's busy.

(If you have the 8gb HD and rented in HD instead of standard, you may need to check your memory or have a microSD card to fit the film; HD films are big.)

New User
carreanne
0 Kudos

I had the same question as the original poster.  But in addition, once you tap the video pic and choose "download", does that start your rental playback period (24 hours) if it's a rental?  Or do you have 30 days after that to begin watching?  I'm asking because I'm going on a trip next week and want to rent a few videos for my kids to watch on the airplane and there will be no wifi available.  I'll have to have the video downloaded to my device ahead of time.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

This:

But in addition, once you tap the video pic and choose "download", does that start your rental playback period (24 hours) if it's a rental?  Or do you have 30 days after that to begin watching?

For me it says that it'll only start 24 hour period when I actually start watching. So download time/date doesn't matter.

However, Nook Videos aren't working on my Nook so I can't confirm that this is actually what happens.

What I can say is that after buying and choosing Download, download failed for me. However, the icon showed around for 30 days. So it definitely didn't start the clock when download started.