Frequent Contributor
EasyAs123
0 Kudos

Overdrive Media and Pandora are now "in the cloud"

[ Edited ]

My son was playing with both his profile and mine. Not certain what he was doing besides looking at apps. Now I see that both my Pandora and OverDrive Meai apps are "in the cloud". If I select them, I get

"Unable to install

This application was not able to install onto your device. Please remove some items from your Library and then download the application to try again."

I also tried reinstalling from Google Play (because it came up with "Install" when I searched for it>. I get the following message:

"You already have the Nook version of the OverDrive Meia Console application installed. REplacing it with theGooglePlay version will unistall your existing application. your NOOK app can always be reinstalled from Nook Cloud."

When I select "Ok" I get an error message stating "Incompatible update"

Where do I go from here? Suggestions for uninstalling/reinstalling?

Help!

Frequent Contributor
EasyAs123

Re: Overdrive Media and Pandora are now "in the cloud"

[ Edited ]

Found that someone has asked a similiar question here.

A suggestions was:

On your HD, go to Profiles, then Manage Content. Check and see if books/apps etc and any other content you want available is  checked (you can select an entire category, you dont have to go thru list and check everything individually.) Make sure your wifi is on. You may have to power down and up. You want to see the "library syncing" up in the notification area pop up at some point (device needs to phone home to B&N store.)  See if that gets your content back.

Yes, the apps are checked.

Yes my wifi is on

Yes I have fully powered down and up

The apps are still in the cloud. :smileysad:

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener

From home screen, select Apps icon. Find the apps there. There should be a "cloud" icon on uppet left, and a "n" icon on upper right of the app. Select the app. You should see it starting to download immediately.

Reader 4
Mothemom

Have you tried archiving, then unarchiving those 2 apps?  (if not, log into your account on the B&N website and try it from there.  Then, try downloading them to the Nook).

Bibliophile
5ivedom

What NookGardener wrote.

1) It's probably a lack of free space. Archive some apps you are not using which don't save game progress or game data.

2) Archive the two apps using the press app icon and volume up (or perhaps volume down) button for 2-3 seconds.

3) Restart Nook.

4) Now try to install.

Frequent Contributor
EasyAs123
0 Kudos

NookGardener, if you read my post completely you will see I tried that, hence the error message.
Frequent Contributor
EasyAs123
0 Kudos

Mothemom, I will try archiving.
Frequent Contributor
EasyAs123
0 Kudos

5ivedom, I have only used up 9% of my internal storage & lt1% of my 32gb sd card. It shouldn't be a lack of space.
I have shut down completely multiple times and continue to have it try to sync, and then I get the error msg again.
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener

Sorry, read your post too quickly. Only saw the part about not installing from Google Play. 

Go to Settings, then Storage Management.  That will tell you how much room you have left to install new apps. If its full, follow 5ivedoms steps, archive some apps/etc that you dont need. Also, it you have a bunch of catalogs on your device, those would be good to archive. Some of those catalog files are HUGE.

Frequent Contributor
EasyAs123
0 Kudos

NookGardener, sorry I neglected to include that storage is not an issue at this time.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Have you tried soft reset? Hold power button down, keep holding until powers off (ignore popup messge.)

Frequent Contributor
EasyAs123
0 Kudos

Yep...NookGardener...tried that as well. Sigh...while I'm a newbie with a nook, I've done a far share of debugging with computers over the years. I just keep thinking I'm missing something here, but I don't know what.
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Sorry about the frustration! Hopefully we can figure it out.

The message you're getting is storage related. But you have enough room. So, next ideas. 

Go to Settings, then Applications, My Apps.  Theoretically, if not on device, shouldnt be there. But you never know.

This is going to sound dumb, but have you tried unmounting sd card and rebooting? SD cards caused some issuez back in Dec when device came out. 

Also, go to Apps from Home Screen. Do thecheck for updates thing. See if there are any for your apps.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Did find an update for OD this am. Mine is now version 2.6.5 from B&N store.

Frequent Contributor
EasyAs123
0 Kudos

BIGGEST SIGH...stopped by B&N this morning since I was going by it. Two hours later...they wiped my machine and reinstalled back to baseline. Now I have re-download all my apps and books.  Good news is that everything seems to be working.

On a related or unrelated note...I also found that I could get no sound on my Xfinity app. Shows would play, but no matter what I did, I would not get any sound.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

EasyAs123

It seems you ran into a rare bug. Only solution for that (workaround) other than resetting everything is to archive some apps, restart, and then install.

But then you are limited because you can only add a few apps at a time.

So what you went with, while massively inconvenient, is the only real solution.

Frequent Contributor
EasyAs123
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, my Nook HD+ is much slower than it was before and I haven't even put much on it! Nothing in the SD card (32GB) and only 10% on teh internal. Grrr..

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Did it get slower over the week as you added your stuff back? Sounds like things are running in the background. Try soft reset (hold power down, ignore popup menu, keep holding power button until device turns off.) You might want to get the app killer - it will show you whats open/running in the background that may be causing the slowness.

Frequent Contributor
EasyAs123
0 Kudos

Thanks forr the tip NookGardener. I'll check it out. It has simply been slow, period. I haven't even added in allt he apps I had. But I have messed with UltraViolet. I have linked movies, but not downloaded them. I'm still at 10% internal and abut 2% sd card. I haven't even re-side loaded my books.

Another issue...anything I download now using OverDrive Media, will now only read in the ODM app. YUCK! Used to give me ann option of either ODM or Sony Reader (put that on because that was my old reader and wanted to move my books). I guess Aikido (sp?) is better?

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Yes, overdrive is pretty ugly. It sounds like you accidentally made it your default reader. Go to settings, Applications, My Apps. Look for Overdrive. Clear the defaults. See if that will get the Sony app back as an option.