New User
TimTumm
0 Kudos

Plants vs. Zombies 2 on Nook HD+

What is the performance like on the HD+ (for games).  I want to buy the HD+ for books, but every once in a while, my kids will want to borrow it for games.  I know for a fact they will but PVZ2 on this thing.  I also know what a resource hog this game is.  Can the HD+ handle it?  Has anyone here tried it?

Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

Re: Plants vs. Zombies 2 on Nook HD+

[ Edited ]

Can't see why it wouldn't work but it's not available yet on Google Play. If NFSMW, Asphalt 8, Riptide GP, Fieldrunners 2, work great and even Sine Mora works fine for the most part, PvZ2 shouldn't be a problem.

New User
barryem
0 Kudos

I have PVZ (the original one) on my HD+ and it runs just fine. I have both an HD and and HD+ and I've installed a number of games on them and never had a problem.

I'm sure that some of the very resource intensive games would have issues, although I haven't tried them, but none of the everyday games do. These seem to be pretty fine machines for just about any apps.

Barry
Contributor
Baby_Fark_McGee-zax
0 Kudos

It's on the google play market now. Though it shows my HD+ as an incompatible device.

This is terrible.

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Baby_Fark_McGee-zax wrote:

It's on the google play market now. Though it shows my HD+ as an incompatible device.

This is terrible.

Hate to break it to you, but it is still only available for iOS.  You sure you weren't looking at one of the numerous guides listed in the Play Store?

flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,857
0 Kudos

This is terrible.

The only place it is available for Android is Australia/New Zealand. It's an iOS exclusive in the States for a bit longer.

I'm very jealous if you live there.

Contributor
Baby_Fark_McGee-zax
0 Kudos

^^^ Are you certain?

This page had me certain it was released.

I would be a lot happier if what you say is true.

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa

^^^ Are you certain?

This page had me certain it was released.

I would be a lot happier if what you say is true.

In an attempt to make you happier:  The link you provided is indeed for PvZ2 in the Play Store.  However it shows as published by "EA Swiss Sarl"

In the US (and possibly other markets but I have no way to verify) PvZ and other Popcap games are published by "Electronic Arts Inc"

I would therefore asume that FT is correct and the former is an International division publishing in Australia/NZ Market.

Inspired Wordsmith
A_Wilson

[ Edited ]

Never mind, Schwa and I were posting approximately the same thing at the same time.  No need for a double dip of the same info.

"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." - Mother Theresa

“Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard battle.” Ian McKlaren

Contributor
Baby_Fark_McGee-zax
0 Kudos

Thanks Schwa!

You both still get kudos in my book. :smileyhappy:

flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,857

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.pvz2_na

PVZ2 launched today worldwide for Android (and is perfectly compatible with NOOK devices). Enjoy.