Correspondent
Purple_Ice

Please, please, PLEASE

Please bring back the ability to remove a book from a shelf by click holding on the book.  It's a pain the way your shelving system is set up on Nook HD+.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Please, please, PLEASE

Purple_Ice wrote:

Please bring back the ability to remove a book from a shelf by click holding on the book.  It's a pain the way your shelving system is set up on Nook HD+.

Not sure what you are talking about.  When I press and hold a book on a shelf I get a menu with an option to remove from shelf.  Is that what you are referring to?  It doesn't seem any different to me than the way it is on the NC.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Think Purple's talking about the lost ability to remove a book from a shelf while in the main library section. Now you can only add a book from the main section, and to remove books from shelves, you MUST go into each indiviidual shelf.

I also hate that you can no longer shelve from a search, and that you can no longer tell how many books are on a shelf.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Correspondent
Purple_Ice
0 Kudos

The way it is now you have to find the shelf or shelves the book is on to remove it. This is like a scavenger hunt prior to the last two update all you had to do was to press until window popped up, choose remove book from shelf and another window would pop up listing all the shelves the book was on. Then all you had to do was press the shelf you wanted the book removed from. The way it is now you have to go to each individual shelf to remove it. Say you have a book named "Street Lights" on the following shelves (Mystery, Drama, Unread, and Paranormal. Say you have 600 books on say 25 different shelves. As it is now you have to go through all 25 shelves and sift through all the books on each she,f in order to find what shelves you have "Street Light" on. You may as well have no shelves at all because it takes forever to find them.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Perhaps you can start a thread on the Issues forum and we'll upvote it + as will other people who share the concern.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Issue-Reporting/idb-p/newNOOIssueReporting

Correspondent
Purple_Ice
0 Kudos

Well 5 I posted it on the link u gave me . Now I hope it doesn't get kicked for a while.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I voted for it. I would really like this fixed too.