Contributor
Hipzip14
0 Kudos

Protective case for Nook HD+

I'm wondering if anybody has a good protective case for their Nook HD+, that would protect if the Nook would happen to fall? I looked to see if Otterbox made one, and they haven't made one and as far as I know, they aren't planning on making one in the near future. I have a case from Barnes and Noble, but I'm wanting more protection. Any suggestions?
Contributor
Orazo4evr
0 Kudos

Re: Protective case for Nook HD+

I just receive mines from amazon I really like it,the nook hd+ is covered completely,14.99 makers is by HHI,there are several colors:smileytongue:urple,black,pink not really pink more like,pastel,and some like black copper,it also has auto wake,maganetic closer,I really like the auto wake feature,as well as the magnetic closer.The entire nook is cover,which is a most for me.One more thing,it has two slot for memory cards,and the stand clip I should say .Amazon type in HHI nook hd+

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Oberon covers are very well made and highly protective.  They are also gorgeous--AND pricey.  You can look at them at oberondesign.com.

Contributor
Orazo4evr
0 Kudos

sorry about the face icon,mistake:smileysurprised:

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Will second the recommendation for Oberon Design. Haven't bought one myself yet - plan to soon. Have heard nothing but good things about them. And they look gorgeous.

Contributor
kimpe
0 Kudos

I ordered one from ebay for $12 usd. It even swivels when propped up for landscape or portrait. I'm not proud, just cheap..:smileyhappy:

Reader
marine6085
0 Kudos

I have been hoping for an otter box or a griffin defender too. I ordered poetic slimbook cover from amazon for the time being. Still praying for an otterbox though.
Contributor
mamahound
0 Kudos

I had the same concerns. I wanted something that provided protection along with workability. I like to sit my HD+ on my desk and read. I needed something that provided me with a choice of laying flat or proped up. I decided on SAVEICON Premium Leather Pouch Case Cover. It comes in several colors and swivels 360 degrees. It also has a place to hold your stylus and any usb cards. It also snaps out leaving you with just a liner around your nook.  It is hard leather and very sturdy. I also bought Durable Premium Travel Hard Nylon Carrying Case for travel. My nook fits inside comfortably without taking it out of the other protective cover and this case provides storage for chargers, pencils/stylus, small notebooks, etc. It has handles for easy carrying or a shoulder strap that can be easily be taken off and stored within the case. Both were bought on Amazon and I found the website by typing HHI ereader covers in my search engine. The prices are low with the cover being offered for $4.99 + $4.99 s&h and the travel case is $21.95 + $4.75 s&h. I'm really happy with my choice.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
mamahound
0 Kudos

Oops the price on the cover would be for the Kindle Fire. The price for the HD+ is $12.95 from amazon sold by exact-deal. Same case just made for Nook HD+......my bad. :smileyembarrassed:

Contributor
Sailracer
0 Kudos

I bought mine on Ebay made out of genuine not PU or faux leather. They are available in four colors. I really like mine for $15.00. It is very well made.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Leather-Case-Cover-Folio-for-Barnes-Noble-Nook-HD-Plus-9-inch-Tablet...

Frequent Contributor
kevinp
0 Kudos

Sailracer wrote:

I bought mine on Ebay made out of genuine not PU or faux leather. They are available in four colors. I really like mine for $15.00. It is very well made.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Leather-Case-Cover-Folio-for-Barnes-Noble-Nook-HD-Plus-9-inch-Tablet...

This is the same one I got, a black one. I love it. It has magnets in the cover that turn my HD+ on and off. Velcro holds it in place, so it's held in on all four sides and won't slide out.

Frequent Contributor
Claimdude
0 Kudos

kevinp wrote:

Sailracer wrote:

This is the same one I got, a black one. I love it. It has magnets in the cover that turn my HD+ on and off. Velcro holds it in place, so it's held in on all four sides and won't slide out.

Will this case allow portrait viewing?

Thanks

Contributor
Sailracer
0 Kudos

The prop only supports in landscape mode but the fact that it is real leather works for me.
Contributor
The_Shook_Family
0 Kudos

Contributor
CasualFan
0 Kudos

Contributor
ragamufin
0 Kudos

jus a heads up on the poetic silicone case for the nook hd. i ordered the red one which looks like a bright red, but it really is like a darker brick red color.

New User
yvonneh451
0 Kudos

Gumdrop makes a pricey cover (not a case) also.  I haven't gotten one, but it's rated pretty well on Amazon.  I've been searching for a hard case, like Otterbox, for my 6 year old, and really wish Otterbox or Griffin Defender made one for Nook, or even just a universal case for that size.  Anyone have any new ideas??

New User
lilmc000
0 Kudos

I bought my case at Target and it is a bit pricey ($40 but after having a Nook Color with a pleather hard cover that over time broke where the folds are for it to stand and another Nook Tablet with a M-Edge case that was great for my son and had a pocket for headphones, rag, etc., I decided to splurge and get this as a choice of comfort for me and him when he gets it since it has a built in stand allowing it to either be portrait or landscape as needed and handsfree for me or him.  My only two nits: wish it had a pocket for headphones and rag and that it zipped all the way around but that's just me since I constantly have it in a bag or purse but so far no issues with it opening just me being particular. 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/nook-360-stand-in-black-hd/26210851

New User
johnsonac10
0 Kudos

I love OtterBox. My husband has one on his phone and the pone was shut in the car door ( the door really was shut) and the case was just chipped no damage to the phone. Barns and Noble really need to get together with them. I'm all about protection of my electronics and the nice look comes second, but some of the cases they make come in some really cool color combinations.