Correspondent
Toller
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Question: Stylus yes or stylus no?

I've pretty well gotten over the learning curve on my HD+. Accidently setting "Enable accessability - Currently in BETA" was a real exciting time. Hint: don't do it until you are very familiar with the device.

Anyway, I have notoriously fat fingers. I'm getting along though often I try to set a bookmark and get the setting menu and vice versa. I do have a couple of questions.

a. Should I get a stylus? If so, which?

b. Where do you store it when you aren't using it? I have the HD+ Composition Cover which is very cool. It would have been nice if they'd have put a stylus sleeve in the spine though.

With the HD+, I've now maxed out my account with 5. Guess we like them!

Frequent Contributor
eaglewomanEP
0 Kudos

Re: Question: Stylus yes or stylus no?

I have the HD+, and the stylus, don't use it much except for word search, but my friend has really big fingers and he uses his all the time for everything, especially when typing. I would only use the B&N one, on another post some one told how they used an off brand one and it scratched the screen.

A3A
Inspired Scribe
A3A
0 Kudos

Any capacitive stylus will work. Some brands I have used are Boxwave, Vertex, Amazon Basics. Styli with sturdy metal clips can be fastened to the cover. Some have a lariat with a plastic part that fits into the headphone jack for storage, some have both.
Correspondent
DonMN
0 Kudos

I use a stylus almost exclusively.  More accurrate and keeps the screen cleaner.  I have an ikross with a built-in pen, only about $10.

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

After having the tips come off of two mid priced (Incipio) versions, I picked up one today at Dollar Tree for, not surprisingy, S1 - it has a clip and includes a ballpoint pen. Can't say how long it will last, but it works well and is no great loss if you decide you don' like them.

Correspondent
Toller
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the advice and comments. Looks like a stylus is the order of the day. Clever idea about using the headphone jack as a tether point. Now to find that one.

Eric