Distinguished Correspondent
jamartMF
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Quick ? About account sharing on HD+'s

Probably a stupid question but can the HD+ share a account like the N1A's did?  Or did multiple profiles eliminate this ability?  My daughter and I had our N1A's  linked to my B&N account and could share all our books and magazines.  At first my daughter wanted to have a account for herself but now she thinks she might want to be back on my account so we can share our books, apps etc.  Is this possible?  Thanks for your help.

Bibliophile
laurieb52

Re: Quick ? About account sharing on HD+'s

Yes they can share. My 2 sisters have nook tablets, my mother and sister- in law have nook colors and I have an HD. We all share the same account. We also share flixster,so they can also watch any of my B&N or UV movies.I do all the buying, and if anyone wants a book I haven't bought, they just buy a give card,then phone or email what they want.
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
jamartMF
0 Kudos

Thanks I thought so.  But didn't want her to deregister her HD and it not work.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Are you both going to have an HD or HD+ device? If so, it might be even easier/better. You could set up each device with a main profile (all books/apps), and then set up individual profiles for your specific preferences. I'm going to qualify this with "I think it should work" but I only have one HD device, so havent actually tried it. 

BUT I did try the HD+ profile to ipad nook profile (latter just released this week.) It is pretty darn sweet! Set up profile, assign books to profile from HD+, log onto ipad app, switch to the other user profile, and the books and magazines are right there. It's really nice.

jamartMF
0 Kudos

@ NookGardener said:   " Are you both going to have an HD or HD+ device? If so, it might be even easier/better. You could set up each device with a main profile (all books/apps), and then set up individual profiles for your specific preferences"

Yes both are HD+ 32gb.  What a great idea.  That was part of the reason she originally wanted her account separate...Because I have a lot of stuff she doesn't want.  But then there are the things she does want and we can't see paying twice for the same thing and we both use our nooks to much to swap around when we want to us a certain book or app.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

If you already own both devices, go ahead and erase and register hers to your account.(Worst cade scenario if it doesnt work like you hope is that she has to erase and reregister hers back to her own account. Nothing lost but a little time.) 

Have been trying to think it through what you might expect. You might want to go ahead and set up her profile in advance with the content she wants. Then when she registers to your account, it "should" all be there. Thats how it worked from Hd to ipad anyway.

Only question have for you: is she a child? Is there any content you dont want het to have? If so, you need to set up the profiles accordingly with passwords. Still think it is doable, just have to set it up differently.

jamartMF
0 Kudos

Age is not a problem.  She will be 18 in 2 months and plans to join the Marines.  This will enable her to get what she wants even if she is over seas.  Since the account is in the US and my account has tons of books (1021) and so far about 21 apps she will not be limited in choices. I love the free books and apps :smileywink: Thanks for your input NookGardener