New User
SteveG114
0 Kudos

Re-program Bottom Icons

Greetings all...

I've searched Google and this board, but cannot find a solution (or much of a mention of this). I may just be using the wrong search terms.

I'd like to re-program the icons appearing at the bottom of the screen/desktop on the Nook HD+.

The two of inerest are the Web and Email icons. Currently, these bring up Google Chrome and Nook's email app, respectively.

I'd like the web icon to start a different browser I use. And I'm using AquaMail for the email client and would like that to start instead of the Nook's email app.

Can these icons be re-programmed to start apps of choice instead of going to the standard web and email apps?

It sure would be convenient to do this. Otherwise, these buttons go to waste as I have to scroll to the correct screen to start my preferred apps.

Thanks ahead of time for any help you provide!

Steve

Inspired Contributor
wallacegal
0 Kudos

Re: Re-program Bottom Icons

As far as I know, there is no way to change the stock Nook icons, but you can download a different launcher such as Go Launcher or Launcher Pro and customize your screen any way you want.

Inspired Correspondent
Fat_Old_Guy
0 Kudos

I use Nova launcher, it allows you to set whatever apps ypu want there as well as having multiple pages for the dock.

New User
SteveG114
0 Kudos

Thanks to you both!

Your information was very helpful.

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

I installed Nova Launcher this week and I simply LOVE IT!  It gets rid of the stupid carosel and makes the space useable for your icons.  I also noticed yesterday that I can put up a 1920 x 1280 wallpaper without having to go thru the stupid crop method of the stock homepage.  What a joy!  The only thing I wish I could do with it is change the font size on the home screen.  That would make it absolutely perfect.  

All in all, it's is a far superior launcher than the stock Nook one.  Thank you for suggesting it!

Frequent Contributor
Claimdude
0 Kudos

Fat_oldguy

Do you use Nova Launcher Prime or the free version?

Thanks

Inspired Correspondent
jaquellae
0 Kudos

I also installed the (free version) of Nova, and like it as well. It's more customizeable than the stock laucher, and doesn't seem to have the memory issues of the stock launcher (which half the time, for me at least, would take about a minute to load).

Inspired Correspondent
Fat_Old_Guy
0 Kudos

I use prime, it was on sale fore like $1.50 when I got it.