Contributor
DarnHeather
0 Kudos

SD Card is no longer recognized by Nook HD

[ Edited ]

I formatted and uploaded some movies to a micro SD card.  It was working properly for months.  Now the Nook is not recognizing that the SD card is in the slot.  When I eject and put it back in I get the message, "Preparing SD card, Checking for errors." but nothing else ever happens.  Any ideas?

ETA: When plugged into my computer, the computer recognizes and reads the SD card in the Nook so the card in and of itself is not bad.

Inspired Contributor
BrittanynCory
0 Kudos

Re: SD Card is no longer recognized by Nook HD

My Nook has been nearly problem free since I bought it (and the SD card) in October. For the last week I've been having card issues. A bright blue sd card outline comes up in the middle of the screen every time I unlock it or even turn it on, half the time it doesn't recognize the files on my card and I have a notification symbol at the top ALL the time reminding me 'SD card blank or has unsupported file system'. Funny thing is, NOTHING has changed. No new uploads, it hadn't been turned off before this started happening and everything is exactly as it has been for the last few months. I've taken the card out a couple of times, turned it on and off but am afraid to do much more to it since it is working alright half the time. I really don't want to lose all my shelves again after they've been reliable for nearly 4 months. Are these normal Nook or SD glitches we're experiencing?
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Heather, what happens when you tap on the Notification. Just tap on it and it should go away and then you should be able to see the SD Card. There's a known issue where that notification stays forever (unless you make it go away yourself).

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

For this:

Are these normal Nook or SD glitches we're experiencing?

Brittany, I've seen reports of SD cards not being read but not what you mention specifially. If it's working some of the time I'd just ignore the times it isn't working.

Contributor
DarnHeather
0 Kudos

No, clicking on it just makes the SD card notification go away.  The movies are still not showing up in the library.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Movies are not showing up in the library?

What about when you go to My Files/File System to where the files for the movies are kept?

I think there's a separate issue of sd car movies sometimes not showing up in library. Are these sideloaded movies - then definitely there are reports of them not showing up.

Contributor
DarnHeather
0 Kudos

Wow now I feel silly. Thank you.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Nothing to feel silly about. Lots of people get it. The logical place to have things show up would be library. Perhaps sideloaded content is prioritized lower and therefore doesn't show up.

Where did you find the files? In My Files?

New User
dishwater63
0 Kudos

Not sure why you would feel silly, this is a fault for the Nook HD OS. They should fix it, plain and simple. I was playing videos from my SD card on my Nook HD+ just fine then one day I updoaded a video and...nothing. It just quit working. After numerous formats, file types, and failures, I have thrown my hands in the air in a fit of frustration.

With all that being said, none of this is excusable. B&N is aware of the issue, they have to be. You can't travel a thread over without this issue cropping up on the forums. Fix it, or I'm leaving (I know they don't care, but it makes me feel like I got the last say).