Frequent Contributor
Dinerfiend
0 Kudos

Saving Sideloaded Content

[ Edited ]

Any advice on how to save books nor purchased from B&N (i.e., free ones from Project Gutenberg) for the eventual day when my device dies/if it needs to be reactivated (or hard returned, or whatever the term is). Before I had Wi-Fi, I first downloaded the books to my computer and then synced my Nook with my computer; however, now that I have Wi-FI and a Nook HD, I download books directly onto my Nook. Any help would be appreciated!  

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

Re: Saving Sideloaded Content

Personally, I have a folder on my PC called Nook and keep sub-folders there with my epubs and pdf stories.  I also have my avatars and wallpapers there.  It makes de/re register much simpler.

I have had my HD+ since Nov.6, 2012 and absolutely love it!  Yes, it has some quirks but I think ALL technology has them.  Its a wonderful Tablet.

Good luck

Frequent Contributor
DOGandHORSE-Mom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Similar to campyrs here (for eBooks).  I have a folder for each author, then a subfolder under that for the eBook title, and then I put the eBook in the appropriate subfolder...  I have some authors that I have 8-9 eBooks for so it helps keep me organized.

<it also helps me get things loaded into Calibre>

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Another vote for calibre as the master library, and if you add calibre companion for 3 bucks you get wifi sync as well.

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Frequent Contributor
DOGandHORSE-Mom
0 Kudos

I'm seriously thinking about the calibre companion... Hmmm... ;-D
Frequent Contributor
HoosierJoe
0 Kudos

I have always overkilled the whole backup thing.  After losing EVERYTHING year ago during the disatrous Windows 95 years, I learned.  Now I back up books and documents to Dropbox because it easily fits on the free space provided.  I back up music, pictures,  and documents again to an external drive.