Contributor
Nooklover35
0 Kudos

Saving webpages to view offline

Forgive me if this has been discussed already and I'm failing to locate it.

When using the web browser on on Nook HD, how do I save pages for viewing offline? Things I've read suggest that there is supposed to be a button for this, but I cannot find it. 

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
Wulfraed

Re: Saving webpages to view offline

That may have been in the original browser but the ladt firmware update replaced it with a version of Chrome.

Or you refer to the scrapbook feature which, again, may only work in specific applications -- and Chrome may not be one.

Baron Wulfraed
Contributor
Nooklover35
0 Kudos

Ah, that would make sense.

I've been sending pages to Readabilty for this purpose and may purchase Instapaper as well.  One of those two will probably be enough for my needs. I'm trying to get resources ready for travel that may involve places with no wifi. 

Contributor
NLinNC
0 Kudos

I use the "Pocket" app. Can save articles from PC or Android and they will sync for later reading offline.
Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat

Nooklover35 wrote:

Forgive me if this has been discussed already and I'm failing to locate it.

When using the web browser on on Nook HD, how do I save pages for viewing offline? Things I've read suggest that there is supposed to be a button for this, but I cannot find it. 

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Try the Web to PDF free add-on for the free Dolphin browser.

Contributor
Jintek7
0 Kudos

I would like to save web pages for offline reading. This was a great feature with the original browser but now with chrome I can no longer do that.

On my laptop I use firefox because of the great security features and the add-ons like screengrab that alows me to grab an entire page and store it has a jpg for offline viewing.  Unfortunatly, firefox add-ons are super limited and the fire fox browser is not worth getting.

I've heard the dolphin browser is used, but that browser doesn't appeal to me.