New User
britt-1987
0 Kudos

Screen brightness will not adjust

I just got a Nook HD (2 weeks old) and the other day I turn it on and the screen is dimmer than it usually is.  And I can't adjust the brightness in the settings.  When I try to toggle it the brightness does not change.  Its pretty dimm that I have trouble reading it sometimes. Is there some kind of setting I might have accidently turned on to lock the brightness or something?  Any help would be appreciated.

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Re: Screen brightness will not adjust

If you haven't done it yet, try a complete power down and restart. Hold down the power button until you are asked if you want to shut down and then press OK.

Distinguished Correspondent
lochnez
0 Kudos

Also check if you have a power or battery manager app. Some of them have profiles that automatically dim the screen, among other things, at certain power levels and won't let you adjust it manually. I had to change a profile for a battery manager app because it shut off the volume. It also dims the screen, but that's ok for me. If that's the source of your problem, see if you can adjust the profile, or create a new one.

New User
robodachi
0 Kudos

Just started having the same problem on a Nook HD that is only a month old. Tried the suggestions here as well as moving the slider all the way down/ up. Curious if there is anything else to try. It is definitely not a power-saver app since I have none installed. Thanks in advance for any wisdom on the subject.
Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

You don't need to have a battery saving app to be affected - there is a battery saving option in the HD settings that could be giving you the problems. It's worth going through the settings and making sure that this function is switched off.

New User
hamilt0n1-
0 Kudos

So, how did you get your brightness adjusted?
New User
brian57
0 Kudos

Hi my mother's nook is haveing the same prolbem I tryed to re start the nook did not work I then did a factory restart and still no luck. this nook is not that old at all i think something needs tobe done abought this issue seams it's not just her's as the screen is so dim it is pretymuch useless