Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

Selling my Nook HD+

[ Edited ]

Not sure if this is allowed, but wanted to give you guys first chance..  I'm selling my 3 month old 32gb HD+ for $200.00 firm.  Comes with hard book cover case, screen protectors, nook stylus, 32gb mini sd card, all in original boxes with receipt.   If interested PM me.

Daena

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv

Re: Selling my Nook HD+

What made you decide to sell?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Yeah, Doreen, my thoughts exactly. That seems like a good setup.

Wordsmith
daenas

Short version...just basically unhappy with it in general. Yes it's a nice e-reader, but it could be so much more but it's limited. I was misinformed by the college BN bookstore clerk that I could use it for text books next year only to find out that isn't true. That was the main reason why I bought it. I've had the Color, and the Tablet and have felt the same about those too. Kind of upset me too that all the apps I had bought for my Tablet over half won't work on the HD+. So basically it's been an expensive Angry Birds Star Wars game. LOL
Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

Yeah, I kind of went overboard when I got the HD+..lol No need to keep everything that goes with it if I sell it.. I'm going to save to get the Galaxy Note 10.
Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Unfortunately you timing isn't best. With some stores selling new units for about $150 your pricing comes down to the add ons -- and I doubt most potential buyers ar going to think: $20 stylus, $30 case, $25 memory and find $200 for a used unit reasonable if all new gear would only take $225 or so.

Baron Wulfraed
Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

Where are they selling the HD+ 32gb for $150.00?? Even on ebay they're selling for over $250.00 w/out the extras.
Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Take a look in nook talk - some bn stores are taking 90 bucks off the hd plus just now. Not 150 for what you have, but I think it implies 180 for a 32g hd plus.
"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Daenas

1) Yes, there are sales. However, they are weekends or for shor periods and not all the time.

Important to sell quickly.

2) I think ebay might be your best bet. Again, important to do it quickly.

The way things are going (with both Kindle Fire HD 8.9" sales and Nook HD+ sales), it wouldn't surprise me to see a lot more sales.

Plus new devices coming out July (new Nexus 7) and Fall (iPad Mini Retina).

So selling quickly would be important.

Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

Well spoke w/ a friend at Starbucks last nite (our "bar" of choice..lol) and she convinced me to keep my Nook, so going to keep my Angry Birds machine. But I really wish the apps I had paid for would work on the HD+ and I pray for a "back" button to the gods of technology!
Wordsmith
TnTexas
0 Kudos

5ivedom: The way things are going (with both Kindle Fire HD 8.9" sales and Nook HD+ sales), it wouldn't surprise me to see a lot more sales.

I wonder if the size of those two devices put them too close to the iPad for there to be a large market for them? Seems to me that part of the initial draw of the 7" tablets like the Fire and the Nook Color/Tablet was the size itself. It was kind of a sweet spot between a smartphone and a regular-sized tablet - larger than the one but more easily portable than the other.I haven't handled the larger models of either brand so I don't know how they feel, but it seems to me that their size might be playing against them since they probably aren't quite as portable as their 7" counterparts.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

I had (actually still have) the NC, and I love it.  But for web browsing/magazines, even email (because of the size of the virtual keyboard), I find the 7" screen is too small.  That's why I bought the HD+.  If I had to choose between them, I'd go with the HD+ hands down.  The NC is more portable for sure; but I have the Simple Touch to pop into my bag when I'm out & want to make sure I have something to read.  When the NC & the HD+ inevitably get to EOL, I'll replace the latter with another larger tablet.  I probably won't replace the NC. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

TnTexas, that's probably true.

1) 8.9" is too close to iPad.

2) iPad mini is also very close to HD+ and Fire HD8.9" - both in screen size and price.

No way Fire and HD+ can win against iPad and iPad Mini's App ecosystem and polish.

They'd have to get a lot more things right.

Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie

For $20 you can get a download to turn your Nook into a full fledge Android Tablet via a dual boot option.  You would, I believe, then be able to use the Nook App for your college books.  Also any of the apps that you purchased for your Nook Tablet or Color you might be able to replace on the Android side. I love my HD+ with a 32gb N2A card I have the best of both worlds.  I have not found another e-reader app I like better than the Nook, not even the Nook for Android.

mrskooshie
Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

I have the Samsung Galaxy tab 7+ already and I love it and use it for everything.  I wanted the bigger screen of the HD+ for browing, videos, my games and the textbooks,  but only computers can be used for the textbooks unfortunately.  I'm ever hopefull that BN will get things right with their "readers" but seems like they went backwards with the HD+.  And it really tuck me off that all of the money thatI had spent in apps in the past is lost money since they wont work with the HD+.  Even a simple back button would be nice.  At least with the NC you could swipe the bottom to go back.

Distinguished Correspondent
celandinehobbit
0 Kudos

I'll second @mrskoosie and the N2A card. Decided to try it myself shortly after buying my HD+ back in December figuring it was worth the $20 to get the download and put it on a 32g card I already had. Works flawlessly (when I use it) and gives me a full Jellybean experience like any Android tablet would with every app I could want. Best part is that it doesn't void my warranty. Would recommend it in your case if reading text books was your original aim when buying the HD+ as I quite agree about the screen size (and resolution!) being superb for this. 

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,976
0 Kudos

N2A cards do void the BN manufacturer's warranty.

Distinguished Scribe
Omnigeek
0 Kudos

daenas wrote:
Well spoke w/ a friend at Starbucks last nite (our "bar" of choice..lol) and she convinced me to keep my Nook, so going to keep my Angry Birds machine. But I really wish the apps I had paid for would work on the HD+ and I pray for a "back" button to the gods of technology!

Darn .. I was actually thinking of taking up your offer ...

Currently reading: Destiny of the Republic, Angel Fire East, Batman Year One, Appleseed
Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie
0 Kudos

I don't think the card does void the warranty. You are not messing with the software in any way. My Nook still boots into the Nook software. When I do boot into the Android software it is from the SD card, the OS runs entirely from the SD card. Of course I could be wrong but other than reading the forum I don't see how they can tell you had used the SD card.
mrskooshie
Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie
0 Kudos

I was thinking the same thing ;-) my son would have been over the moon.
mrskooshie