Correspondent
Wulfraed

Re: Sideloading epubs

lotsahelp wrote:
Trying to follow this thread and suggestions as i think it will help with my problem. I have sideloaded books from my nook tablet to nook hd no problem. When plugging in computer nook tab allows you to find books easily. But when i plug hd in no books show up. When you all are refering to the ade does that have to be dowloaded onto computer AND nook hd???
  1. The only Nook that allows USB access to B&N purchases/downloads is the First Edition; all others put B&N purchases into a hidden partition.
  2. The HD/+ series use the MTP protocol to access their contents; they do NOT appear as "drives" in Windows, so any application that expects to open a "drive" will not work with an HD/+; furthermore, in WinXP, even with the MTP drivers you basically only have Windows Explorer ("My Computer") access to the device. Both internal and SD card appear under a single device entry.
  3. ADE is a two-part complication: it is a computer program used to download third-party DRM'd books (to the computer) AND it is a DRM system. One has to register a Nook with the ADE DRM key information. On older Nooks, this registration was done by the ADE program with the Nook connected via USB. On the HD/+, you register using the HD/+ account settings page -- ADE is not used for anything other than downloading the book to the computer.
  4. On older Nooks, ADE could transfer the book from the computer to the Nook; On the HD/+ you have to drag&drop the book manually to the correct location on the Nook. Since I've never used an ADE DRM'd book, I can't give any more details.

Baron Wulfraed
Contributor
blackstrat
0 Kudos

1. Plug Nook into the computer and locate it 2. Drag and drop file from Digital editions into the book folder 3. Go back to the main set of folders and right click and delete ADE 4. Unplug your Nook and while conected to WiFi, log back into ADE on the Nook device. The book can now be found, and it won't come up as returned.
Inspired Contributor
lotsahelp
0 Kudos

My daughter had to factory reset her hd and now it seems harder to sideload or put my books on her hd then last time. Covers arent showing up when i usedcalibre, i tried to download directly to her hd from my nook library but they wouldnt download. Any suggestions?