Contributor
onemissa
0 Kudos

Software update :(

I am really not happy with the update! I had all kinds of bookmarks saved and now they are gone. All that time I took to save pages, recipes and what not just gone. This does not make me happy!
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Re: Software update :(

Bookmarks to web pages, or book marks to books?

Web page book marks can be imported to whatever new browser you choose. Book marks to books should still be there Did you sync your old device?

Contributor
onemissa
0 Kudos

The bookmarks I'm missing are all the saved web pages that were my favorites. Not sure about syncing because it is the same device.
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

The old book marks are there and can be imported. Search through the threads to find any of several dealing with this issue. You shouldn't have to search very far.

Bibliophile
5ivedom

In Chrome. At the top right there are three dots. That's the menu button.

Tap it once.

When Menu comes up tap it again.

You'll get option to import bookmarks. Import.

It will say - Import Failed.

However, all your bookmarks will have been imported.

Contributor
onemissa
0 Kudos

Thx for all the help. I was able to import. Still not sure how I feel about the updates.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

OneMissa, I didn't need Google Play Store and I definitely don't want the Google Apps. So the update for me is a bit on the negative side.

I'm glad to see so many people like Play Store and new sales of Nooks. Which hopefully keeps B&N in the Tablet space.

Inspired Correspondent
bugeek

5Dom...

Theres definitely some pros and cons to having Google Play in...

Just wish theyd put back more of the stuff that made it an ereader vs just another Google tablet..

Think they can put more of the #ereader back and still keep Google happy with all the restrictions for having the Play store...(even if some requires manual user intervention)

Still dont get why they didnt go to a 4.1 release of Android vs staying with 4.0... there are a few good reasons for moving up to that release..

That said..

Id like to see the google required apps put together in a folder or tab (and the download apps kept separate), Even on the Nexus 7, theres a icon that basically a folder of all the main google apps..

Really wondering what the point release is going to look like, ironing out some of the hybridization kinks,.. the integration is not seamless.. Still think its good for a first attempt.. though the content breakage was a bit ugly (The comic book/PDF issues with the native apps)...throwing third party apps as workarounds is only a passable solution.. you really need to fix the apps that make the Nook a platform and not just another Android Tablet)

I am going to rant about how i miss the native browser even if it had a definite scroll/buffer issue.. I like ArticleView... It made reading the web like a book... For reading, im meh about androids default interface... thats what overlays are meant to try to improve...

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I think they had too much on their plate.

They probably had some fixes, some changes to support Google Native Apps, the change to Chrome, and the Google Play Store.

If they ALSO tried to fit in 4.1 they would cause even more problems.

I don't know if they'll update to 4.1. Also not sure what the next update will be like. I would not want to be coding the updates for Nook now. Between Nook's own skin over Android, Android 4.1, the Google Apps, the Google Play Store - it's a bit of a Frankenstein's monster.

Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

In Chrome. At the top right there are three dots. That's the menu button.

Tap it once.

When Menu comes up tap it again.

You'll get option to import bookmarks. Import.

It will say - Import Failed.

However, all your bookmarks will have been imported.

This didn't work for me.  When I tap once on the 3 dots I get the menu, when I tap again it does nothing.  I don't get the import option.

Any ideas why?

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook

There's a step missing -

After the menu comes up, tap Settings, then tap the 3 dots.

Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
0 Kudos

petesnook wrote:

There's a step missing -

After the menu comes up, tap Settings, then tap the 3 dots.

Thanks Petesnook!  That worked! :smileywink:

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks petesnook.

Contributor
ZombieNinjaGrrl
0 Kudos

My main problem is that the browser seems to lag everytime I try to type something in and rhen the letters have to catch up with what I typed. It's quite irritating. As much as I wanted certain things because I like Google Play, I really think I liked it the way it was before the update. :smileysad: