Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

Target Electronics Return Policy

[ Edited ]

I purchased an HD+ at Target two weeks ago this Friday and an planning on returning it due to the problem with the gray gradient on the right side of the screen.  I stopped by Target on the way home this evening to confirm their return policy. 

I found that they have reduced the return period for electrons from 45 to 30 days but for items purchased in November or December the return period extends to 30 days after Christmas.  They were out of stock on the 32 GB units so I won't be returning mine until they restock but it appears that there is no hurry.  If you are thinking about a new Nook, this gives you plenty of time to try it out and to see if there are updates.  B&N will probably also extend the return period for holiday purchases as they did last year.

I did note that neither of the demo units on display did not have the gray band so it seems clear that it is not a "feature" or a consistent flaw.

Correspondent
ewilson1114
0 Kudos

Re: Target Electronics Return Policy

Thanks for taking a look at the display models while you were there! I'm still deciding whether or not to exchange mine. Fortunately Best Buy has the same holiday returns policy as Target so I have a while to decide.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

thanks for that information Swamp Rat.

I didn't know B&N extended their return policy. I have a Nook HD I might return since there is one very strange bug (though I could live with it). I am stuck though because I'm in Canada and by the time I get it to them via my friends in the US it might be too late.

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

thanks for that information Swamp Rat.

I didn't know B&N extended their return policy. I have a Nook HD I might return since there is one very strange bug (though I could live with it). I am stuck though because I'm in Canada and by the time I get it to them via my friends in the US it might be too late.

I don't know that BN has extended their policy - they did last year - I think until two weeks after Christmas
for Nooks purchased during the "holiday" season - not sure when that started.

Inspired Contributor
Gottaluvit
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This was BN return policy last year ... though many store managers seem to not know about this . They tend to want to give a store credit saying its past fourteen days . When I asked about the hoilday return this year I had the same store manager as last year tell me they never had one( I think she is really an asst manager )  ... needless to say I didn't get my HD+ at that store nor will I buy anything else there again . She was rude about my asking .

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/help/help_cds2.asp?PID=37128

Any NOOK purchased from November 14 to December 31, opened or unopened, will be honored for exchange or refund through January 31, 2012

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

If  it was the same person you really should contact the store manager. Once is a mistake, twice is incompetence or dishonesty.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks for this information:

Any NOOK purchased from November 14 to December 31, opened or unopened, will be honored for exchange or refund through January 31, 2012