Frequent Contributor
gritsgal
0 Kudos

This app will be downloaded to your device shortly

Every app I click to download from play store gives me this message. What is shortly and how do I know when it has downloaded?
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

Re: This app will be downloaded to your device shortly

Usually when I get that message, it means the app is not compatible with my device. Not all the apps will be compatible. We haven't had access to Google Play in the past so developers were only concentrating on apps for rooters as far as nook devices go and that was a much smaller market than what we will now have. There are still a LOT available to us as many apps go by the android the device is based on.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980
0 Kudos

Nah, it's usually instantaneous, it's just Google's CYA in case there is a delay.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

I tried to install Calibre Companion app to my NC..got that message, every time I tried until finally it told me it wasn't compatible. First time I try to install to my HD+...in instantly installed, no such message, just instant install. 

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,980
0 Kudos

Every time I download anything to my HOX it gives me that message. It's literally just Google Play's standard reply to a purchase/install.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

okay...never had that message for an actual install though. Maybe I was just lucky, eh?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I've never had that message on Nexus 7. Downloads start instantly.