Frequent Contributor
seacitylady
0 Kudos

Re: Top 10 Nook HD and HD+ Issues + Workarounds

Where do you find these setting on Win 8?

"Workaround 2: Go to Settings.
Then Storage Management. Then click on 'USB Connectivity'. Then switch from MTP to PTP and see if that works.
Inspired Contributor
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

As I mentioned on one of your other postings...

You don't!

These are Nook settings.

Baron Wulfraed
Frequent Contributor
seacitylady
0 Kudos

Thanks - I figured that out after I went back & read the info more carefully. 

Inspired Contributor
lotsahelp
0 Kudos

I was hoping to see solution for covers not showing on books i purchased from BnN and use on my nook tablet just fine but have sideloaded to daughters hd through caliber, ade and nook for pc and covers not showing up on hd. I even chatted with nook support. The most irritating thing is that they showed up when i first put them on 3 months ago. But she had to do factory reset and now i have no idea what i am doing wrong...
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

Where are you looking at them? In the myfiles/ folder? Won't show up, never have on the HD.

In the main books/ folder that shows ALL of your books or on shelves? Will only show up there if they are part of the book itself.

To do that: You need to convert the book to epub again in Calibre once you've updated the cover and metadata and upload the new copy to the device. The covers will then show up everywhere EXCEPT in the myfiles/ folder. Delete any existing copies before downloading the new copy.

Contributor
ZombieNinjaGrrl
0 Kudos

I am having a very annoying problem that I can't seem to find any help for!

I bought the Nook HD+ the day it was released.  I adjusted all my settings and I always turn my sounds all the way off.  Alarms, Notifications, and Media are all at 0.  However, whenever I charge the Nook, the notification/alarm/alert still goes off and at FULL VOLUME!  I have to bury it under a pile of clothes at night so it doesn't wake me up, and sometimes that doesn't even work.  Also, when the battery gets to 5% the notification/alarm/alert also goes of at full volume, but then it goes of CONTINUOUSLY until I plug it in!!!

I tried emailing support but they gave me this library resyncing work around that didn't work.  I updated to the latest software early this morning and was hoping somehow the issue would be resolved, but it wasn't.

Please, please, please help!!!

Bibliophile
5ivedom

Do you by any chance have our 'Track Your Battery Life' App. If you do, then uninstall that.

If not, then I don't know what might be causing an alarm to go off.

Contributor
ZombieNinjaGrrl
0 Kudos

Oh my gosh, you are a life saver!!! I uninstalled it and I will only be back to comment if it doesn't work, but I saw where the settings were for the alarms. I tried to just change it but it crashed every time.  THANK YOU!!!!  :catvery-happy:

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

You're welcome. It's our app and HD and HD+ have some problem due to Android 4.0 where Alarms can't be edited. Unfortunately the coder who did it is not with our company any more so it's not easy for us to do a new one.

Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

Ah that explains it then. I've been a big customer of 5ivedom and loved the battery app on my NC then NT and wondered why it wasn't available for the HD+.
Contributor
nikkidog
0 Kudos

I have tried all of the suggestions to get flash and none of them work. I have down loaded flash 5 times and I can see the downloads bur I am unable to install it. I must be doing something wrong. Help please. Thanks in advance.
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

nikkidog wrote:
I have tried all of the suggestions to get flash and none of them work. I have down loaded flash 5 times and I can see the downloads bur I am unable to install it. I must be doing something wrong. Help please. Thanks in advance.

What browser are you using? I understand that Chrome does not support flash, but I may be wrong. Dolphin and Puffin do support flash.

Contributor
nikkidog
0 Kudos

I read where Chrome did not support flash so I downloaded Dolphin. I have tried both the one from the Nook store and Google Play. I have never used Dolphin before so I could be doing something wrong.
Contributor
Long2Read

[ Edited ]

The thing I noticed is that Google Play likes to disable flash. I have to go into my apps there, click on the "All" apps tab and scroll through all of that list to my flash player. I then click on the "enable" button. Restart Dolphin or Firefox and try that. Here is a link to flash archives ,too. Scroll down a ways to the Android 4.0 ones to install.

Oops... forgot to add the link http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Contributor
nikkidog
0 Kudos

Thanks . I followed your instructions and downloaded adobe flash from your link 4.0. It downloaded but received message that it was blocked when I tried to install. I checked my apps on Google Playstore but didd not see it. I also checked all settings. I will try a reboot and see if that helps.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link.

Someone else had shared that Flash was working for them on most sites with Dolphin. And for Amazon INstant Videos Puffin was working for Flash.

Contributor
nikkidog
0 Kudos

Thank you Long2read. I got flash to work. It wasn't working so I tried a different site and it worked. By the way, I love the dolphin browser. I also downloaded the dolphin jet pack app and it works even faster. I would never have tried dolphin if I wasn't having trouble with flash and read the suggestions on this board. Thanks.
New User
Sluffo
0 Kudos

nikkidog wrote:
Thank you Long2read. I got flash to work. It wasn't working so I tried a different site and it worked. By the way, I love the dolphin browser. I also downloaded the dolphin jet pack app and it works even faster. I would never have tried dolphin if I wasn't having trouble with flash and read the suggestions on this board. Thanks.

I've been having the same problems that you did.  I can download Flash player from the Adobe archive but Nook won't let me install it for "security" reasons.  I've tried it with Dolphin, Firefox and a couple others, some of them can play some Flash content but not all.

In any case I can't actually install the Flash app.  How were you able to install it?

Contributor
Long2Read
0 Kudos

I really don't have any expertise on why you may not be getting flash to download but you may search the forum archives since some people previously downloaded flash when prompted by certain websites. That worked for me quite awhile ago. I do know that as I stated previously Play constantly disables mine I think because Google does not support flash anymore. I did find that Dolphin, my goto browser for years does not always work with certain sites that used to work so I also use Firefox. It seems hit or miss. Any experts out there know why?
Contributor
nikkidog

I went to the link Long2read provided and down loaded the first 4.0 versus I came to. I was unable to install it. I kept receiving the security message saying it wasn't from the Nook store. I powered off and re-started. I then tested it out on the abc.com site. I had to pick the full site and it worked. It didn't work on the mobile site. I havent been able to get it to work on some other sites. I will update if I discover something new.