Distinguished Correspondent
booklover128
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Two Nook HD+ devices: App problems on only one

I've had a Nook HD+ for almost two months - it has been working great.

We bought a second Nook HD+ last night for my husband, and we are having problems getting some apps to work on the newest Nook HD+.

We have 1 B&N account, 2 gmail accounts. I have also tested with creating a brand new empty B&N account for the new nook, and the same apps are not working.

The two apps having problems (that we have found so far) are the Official Green Bay Packers app by YinzCam and Trip Advisor. On the second nook, they will not install because "Your device isn't compatible with this version".

If I look at our google account devices, my gmail has 2 devices - my nook and my phone. His gmail account has 3 devices - nook tablet, phone, and nook hd+. Both nook hd+ devices list as BN LLC BNTV600.

On the first nook, both apps will install and work using either gmail account. On the second nook, neither app will install in either gmail account.

I've tried multiple factory resets on the second nook. Both Nooks are running 2.1.0.

Any ideas out there on what to reset on the second nook? I will probably carry both nooks into our local store tomorrow and let the nook expert take a look., but thought that someone here might have an idea we could try tonight. :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

Re: Two Nook HD+ devices: App problems on only one

[ Edited ]
The Green Bay app is a play store app and the Trip Advisor app is a BN app. If you want the same apps on both nooks they must be registered to the same email accounts for BN and gmail. There is a six device limit so you are ok. Tap on refresh on new nook when in BN apps (lines in bottom left corner). In play store on new nook, tap on arrow with line under it and then tap on installed apps. Be sure the Green Bay app is installed.
Melissa19
Distinguished Correspondent
booklover128

Thanks for replying Melissa, but as I indicated both Play Store Apps were installed and working on Nook HD+ "A", but refused to install to Nook HD+ "B" because "Your device is not compatible". I did not understand why two identical Nooks could have the same app respond two different ways.

I had not looked for Trip Advisor through B&N, so that fixed that particular problem. Thank you for that information.

I did finally find a solution though that worked. On the "incompatible" nook, I did the following:

Settings -> Applications -> My Apps -> Google Play Store

Clear Cache

Clear Data

Force Stop

Then I went back to Apps ->Google Play Store

I looked for the app again, and this time it allowed me to install it.

If you still see the problem, inside the Play Store, go to Settings (upper right corner, 3 stacked boxes), select Account, and even if your gmail account is listed and checked, select it again. Then try to install your app again.

While this solution will not work for all "your device is not compatible" apps (because some really are), I hope this information helps someone else out too.

New User
Napvest
0 Kudos

I have similar problem. I have only one Nook, about 3 years old. I can't find apps>google play store.... and I keep reloading Tripadvisor and it keeps sending me to upgrade. My Nook isn't shown as a available device. Any suggestions on getting the updated Tripadvisor?
Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Since the HD/+ were only released around October/November of 2012, NO ONE has a near three year old version.

You probably have a Nook Tablet (that is the name, not a description) or the older Nook Color. Neither of those have the Google store.

Baron Wulfraed
New User
Napvest
0 Kudos

if I have the Tablet, does anyone know whether I can get a Tripadvisor app to use?
Wordsmith
PJLLB
0 Kudos

Napvest wrote:
if I have the Tablet, does anyone know whether I can get a Tripadvisor app to use?

See http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/tripadvisor for compatibility.  (Searching the Internet using a search engine is a wonderful thing.)