Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

Ultraviolet - Force a Refresh or Unlink?

This is actually two questions.  Is it possible to:

1) Unlink your UV account from your Nook HD / HD+.

or

2) Force a refresh of your UV movies.  ie, I added two movies to my UV account (digital copy from Bluerays we got as Xmas gifts) and they have not shown up yet on my Nook. Choosing Refresh on the Nook doesn't do it unfortunately.

Thanks.

Contributor
th0ughts
0 Kudos

Re: Ultraviolet - Force a Refresh or Unlink?

1) i imagine erasing and deregistering will be one way to unlink your NOOK and UV account.  This may be a more extreme way to do this, and have not come up with a simpler resolution.

2) Try turning Wi-Fi off, turning it back on, going to settings, account profiles, and it may force it to check your account.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

Yeah, erasing is way extreme for getting a couple of movies to show up.

Unfortunately disabling wifi didn't do it either.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

Hi Rignes,

Sorry for the trouble you're having. UV should sync immediately but in some instances it can take up to 24-48 hours for the sync to "take".

Refreshing your library is the best method to take; however as mentioned earlier an erase & deregister will perfom the action as well.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

I think I'll wait a day or two and see what happens.  I really want to avoid erasing because I'll look my game progress...again.  (BN Really needs to give us an easy way to backup that sort of thing.)

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

From a quick preview of Android development text books, the Android OS itself goes out of its way to make each application's data private to that application. A developer would have to "violate" the Android development guidelines to put the data into a publicly accessible location. {Consider, the Library with its shelves is a separate application from the Reader -- and the books have to be shared between the two applications [probably done by the Library application passing the location of the book to the Reader when invoked]}
Baron Wulfraed
Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

Well, it's  been 48 hours since I added the two titles to my UV account and they haven't shown up yet.  I'm really trying to avoid a factory reset because it shouldn't be necessary and it's a hardship when you can't back things up.

To be honest, I'm sort of baffled that there isn't a way to "unlink" a UV account.  I can unlink Flixter from UV.  I can even deauthorize the Nook itself to play BN videos but why can't we unregistger the device?  Seems to be a bit of an oversite to me.

I'm sort of our of ideas beyond a factory reset.  I'm open to ideas though.

I'll keep trying and if I come up with anything useful I'll post it here.

Reader
JohnT77

[ Edited ]
I just bought my nook hd+ and linked my ultraviolet account. Only 2 of my 9 movies show up in my library and I can only watch 1 of them, the other has a box next to it saying unavailable....hope to find out something soon about that. Anyways about the force refresh...log onto your ultraviolet account on uvvu.com and then go to the middle tab "our collection" then select your full member profile. It will first show you your member details, below your profile picture you will see three options, the bottom being "link services"..select that. You will likely findtwo different areas next to a nook logo. Uncheck the boxes that say "link account" in both areas and then click " save changes " at the bottom of the page. This will unlink your uv account from your nook so that you can relink them....unfortunately this hasn't fixed my problem, but I think it answers your question without factory setting your nook.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Reader
JohnT77
0 Kudos

Thanks for link....I do have flixster already...it's an ok alternative, but movies are only in SD through flixster. I actually work for Barnes & Noble, I just haven't called to find out more info yet. If I do I will post again to this board. 

Thanks,

John

New User
TigerLily86
0 Kudos

It's actually quite easy to refresh your Nook so new movies will show up. All you have to do is go to the movies section of your library and then click the menu icon (lower left corner). Last item on the menu is the refresh button. It takes maybe a minute but all your movies should be available after that.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thanks for sharing that. I didn't know that was working for anyone who was having problems seeing new movies.

New User
christiandmatt

I could not see my movies either but then choose the "Manage Content For Profiles" menu option from the "Movies & TV" library and apparently they were not visible by default.  It may have to do with the fact that we have a child profile registered.

New User
Symmonz
0 Kudos

I have had the same problem since I've purchased my Nook HD+ several months ago. The only movies that show are the Ultra Violets I had at the time I purchased the Nook. None of the movies I've added since then show in my library.

I've tried all of these suggestions multiple times, and haven't had any luck. I do not want to do a factory reset on my Nook, since like the other person says, that is very extreme for something that should be a simple refresh. I have the Flixter app, but I'd rather use the internal Nook library and player since it should work as advertized. Has anyone had success with any other suggestions NOT listed here already?

(tried unlinking/relinking Nook from Ultra Violet multiple times with more than 4 days between one unlink to relink attempt, refreshed library multiple times, have done both together while turning Nook off/on, checked default view settings, only have one profile)

New User
Eric_Paul
0 Kudos

THIS IS A KNOWN ISSUE WITH NOOK HD+ and they have NOT fixed it yet.  Barnes & Noble should be ashamed of themselves for knowing about this issue for such a long time and not fixing it.  I've reported this issue to them months ago and they acknowledged that their UVVU feature does NOT work properly.  You also can't UNLINK from the device itself, FYI.  No need to continue on this subject until B&N starts doing their job and starts caring about the products they sell!

Wordsmith
PJLLB
0 Kudos

I use the VUDU app to view my Ultraviolet content using the Google Play version.  You might want to try it.

Reader 2
giuniu
0 Kudos

with the VUDU app, you only get SD quality on your movies. When Nook video works on HD+, you get full 1080p, huge difference. B&N, please fix issues with UV and nook video, I own close to 250 movies on UV, only around 140 of them are playable on nook video
it's especially annoying when only a single movie out of the whole series shows as unsupported (American pie 2, Austin powers 2) while the rest of the series are good. I'm not sure why the movies are not supported when they can be purchased in nook video.

as of right now, going into nook video on my computer browser gives me this message:

We are sorry...

There was a problem with the page you requested. Click here to continue shopping.

Please fix it asap.
New User
doom696
0 Kudos

did you solve your problem? i have same problem.

Marjo: Thank you for joining Barnes & Noble Digital Chat Support. This is Marjo.

We appreciate your waiting online.

I’d be more than happy to give you an excellent service today.

Marjo: Hi, Laura!

Marjo: May I know your concern, please?

Laura: i have over 300 ultraviolet movies any they dont come out in my library

Laura: i have HD +

Laura: and its suppose to play HD movies

Marjo: As I understand, you said that you cannot play the movies you have in your NOOK HD+. Is that correct?

Laura: yes

Marjo: Do you received any error message?

Laura: no they are not in my library and my nook is link

Marjo: Can you provide me order number?

Marjo: To resolve your issue, all you need to do is to manage the content of your NOOK profile.

Laura: no, i dont have an order number

Marjo: Please tap on the upper left hand on the screen to bring up a page.

Laura: and under the manage content the movie section does not appear

Marjo: Please tap on "Edit profiles", and then tap and hold on the profile that would bring up "Manage my Content". Tap on it to allow visibility to the books, apps, etc by putting a check on eBook that you want to show up.

Laura: it reads, books, magazines, catalogs, apps, kids

Laura: no movie section

Laura: hello, you there

Marjo: Where did you purchased the movies?

Laura: vudu, ultraviolet redeem codes

Marjo: You transfer it to your NOOK?

Laura: you advertise your nook hd + that it plays ultraviolet hd, is that not TRUE

Laura: it is link

Laura: both accounts are link ultraviolet and nook

Marjo: Please give me a moment I am checking this one.

Marjo: To view UltraViolet on your NOOK using the Flixster app, do this: 1. If you have not already done so, create an UltraViolet account on the UltraViolet Web site (www.uvvu.com) and redeem your UltraViolet DVD and Blu-ray titles by following the instructions found inside the box of each UltraViolet-compatible DVD or Blue-ray disc.

Marjo: 2. Using the Web browser on your personal computer, visit the Flixster Web site (www.flixster.com) and create a Flixster account. Through the Flixster Web site, link your Flixster account to your UltraViolet account. NOTE: You must perform this linking step on your personal computer. The Flixster app does not include a feature for linking your your NOOK, visit the NOOK Store and download the free Flixster app.

Marjo: Open the Flixster app, and log in to your Flixster account.

Laura: no, apps only play sd version. I have HD+ I DONT want to use app

Laura: i bought nook HD+ because the advertisment said it played HD movies

Marjo: That is the only way, you can play your movies from vudu.

Laura: no i dont want to use vudu either

Laura: I want to use the built in NOOK HD + software to play my movies

Laura: my wifes nook doesnt need any app to play HD movies

Marjo: If you want to play it directly, purchased the movie on Barnes and Noble.

Laura: thats not true,

Laura: i havent bought any movies through barnes and noble and they play fine on other nook

Marjo: It need's the app to play it.

Laura: again you dont need app to play video on nook

Marjo: If you're not able to cooperate then I am afraid I cannot help you resolve your issue.

Laura: im gonna put this on the internet that you are advertising false merchandise

Laura: im reading post right now from other people having same problems

Marjo: Please install the "Puffin Browser" application to your NOOK. That web browsing application will allow you to watch videos online.

Marjo: You need to install it because the NOOK HD doesn't have updated flash player and the Puffin Browser have updated flash player.

Marjo: Are you still there?

Laura: on the box it reads that you can play HD video the apps only play sd

Marjo: Once it is installed, you should be able to watch videos using your NOOK HD+ without any issues.

Laura: I have nood Hd +

Marjo: Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Laura: puffin browser is part on Barnes and noble?

Marjo: No. It is an application from third party developer.

Laura: is in the shop area?

Marjo: No.

Marjo: I mean yes.

Marjo: You can download it from the Shop.

Marjo: Are we still connected?

Laura: how does it access my video library

Marjo: You cannot have a video on your library since you didn't download or purchased the movie from Barnes and Noble.

Laura: again thats not true, since when did that happen?

Marjo: You said that you have is a link for the movie, supposively it will not be visible on the library since it is a link.

Marjo: If it is a file then it would be appear on your library under the movies.

Laura: are you familiar with the nook?

Marjo: Yes.

Laura: ok then, all you do is link your ultraviolet account with your nook account and then your movies populate to you library

Laura: in my case my movies arent populating

Laura: while in my wifes nook they are

Marjo: It should be a BN item.

Laura: can you direct me where you are getting that information?

Marjo: Please call us, that is 1-800-THE-BOOK. (843-2665).

Laura: where are you reading that info?

Marjo: I do apologize, I'm not able to tell you this information. Kindly call us for further assistance.

Marjo: Are we still connected?

Laura: i dont see this anywhere in the box either

Marjo: Please call us for further assistance.

Contributor
MyLifeStinks
0 Kudos

You can only unlink from uvvu.com, that's it. Log in, user panel, linked services, unlink and save changes. Go to acct settings on nook, verify unlinked, and re-link. Simple really, you may have to do it a few times, maybe not.