Frequent Contributor
Opa-MN
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

User's Guide

Wow, I get to be the first to post on this, I am honored.  Has anyone found a digital copy of the User's Guide for the HD+?  It would sure be nice to be able to follow the instructions instead of having to try to remember them after backing out of reading what you need to do.  Maybe I am missing something as some days the brain cells don't quite hit all the time, but I have not been able to find the user's guide anywhere.

Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

Re: User's Guide

At the bottom of your home page is a Search my NOOK bar. Just type "Nook HD" and you'll find a Nook HD+ Quick Flip Guide and the Nook HD+ User Guide. Strange they didn't have it on the home page to begin with, but at least it's on the device.

Frequent Contributor
Opa-MN
0 Kudos

I have read most of it on the device, but it would sure be easier if I could read it on my laptop and be doing the instructions on the HD+.  It's and old age and memory thing I think.  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

Opa-MN wrote:

I have read most of it on the device, but it would sure be easier if I could read it on my laptop and be doing the instructions on the HD+.  It's and old age and memory thing I think.  :smileyhappy:

No...Just logic. I never can understand why they put the "how to use this device" info on the device. If you don't already know how to use it, how do you get to the guide? Even knowing how to at least find the user guide, it's a LOT easier learning the device if you can follow the instructions as you go from a non-device source.  It's a no brainer to me, but I don't sell and pack the things.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it's all to common.  Makers of "things that require manuals" often provide them electronically to save on printing costs.  Also, the added weight increases bulk shipping costs.  A 90 page manual doesn't seem like much, but when you ship by the truckload it adds up I guess.

I too, miss the bad old days of printed manuals.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

Rignes wrote:

Unfortunately it's all to common.  Makers of "things that require manuals" often provide them electronically to save on printing costs.  Also, the added weight increases bulk shipping costs.  A 90 page manual doesn't seem like much, but when you ship by the truckload it adds up I guess.

I too, miss the bad old days of printed manuals.

They usually put a user guide and videos on the device's support page on the web site. The HD and HD+ are the only ones that don't have it up yet. And need it most. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
dachiemom
0 Kudos

can it be downloaded from the HD+ to PC while connected-i.e., copy and paste?

Reader 4
hsmythe

[ Edited ]

[EDIT NOTE:  THE PDF FILE I NOTED BELOW IS ACTUALLY A VERY PRELIMINARY VERSION WITHOUT MUCH USEFUL CONTENT]

I googled and located the PDF file here:

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/user-manual.pdf

PS:  I pre-ordered mine on the B&N website and am expecting delivery of my HD+ on Thursday -- I'm so excited !  Did you folks go into the store to buy your units ?  I thought the release in the store was this Thursday ?

Correspondent
ewilson1114
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link, hsmythe! I don't have my HD+--I have a 32 GB on reserve at B&N but they told me it will be at least another 2 weeks so I went ahead and ordered one from Best Buy. Estimated arrival is 11/9-11/14 but it hasn't shipped yet so I'm trying not to get my hopes up!
Reader 4
hsmythe
0 Kudos

I provided a URL to a PDF above, but upon closer inspection it appears only a rather preliminary draft was uploaded.  I've edited my post with a suitable warning to others about its limited usefullness.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 40

[ Edited ]

Hey Opa-MN,

It will be available on the device support page for download, in a bit.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

BN_AlexG wrote:

Hey Opa-MN,

It will be available on the device support page for download, in a bit.

- Alex

Yay!!! Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow so I can go browse the file and be ready for it! Thank you Alex!

Frequent Contributor
Opa-MN
0 Kudos

I would rather have a less expensive device than pay more for a hard copy of the User's Guide, but I still think it was rather short sighted to put the devices out without posting a PDF copy of the guide.  I reserved mine at the local B&N and actually touched the display model on November 1st.  I got mine in hand on November 3rd.  I think that the hurricane had an effect on shipping and my local store doesn't even have an HD for the display.

Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

There is a printable full user guide PDF available to download for both the HD and HD+ on nook.com/support.
Melissa19
Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

This is not the correct manual because it says the on/off switch is on the left and the HD+'s on'off button is now on the right...

Correspondent
ewilson1114
0 Kudos

The one I downloaded has the power button shown on the right side.

Contributor
th0ughts
0 Kudos

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Campyrs, I downloaded the one from the link to the PDF in the previous post and it shows the correct Nook HD+ for me. It also matches the one on my actual Nook HD+.

INteresting side note - The Nook HD+ manual shows compliance for EU and Canada. That suggests it might be coming to Canada and EU other than UK in 2013. Cool.