Contributor
KatsNook
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Using pictures for wallpaper and screensaver for Nook HD

Hi

I just got a Nook HD (I've had a Nook First Edition and a Nook Simple Touch). How do you use your pictures as a wallpaper?  I've seen other posts talking about cropping the pictures, but how do you set the picture as a wallpaper?

Is there a screensaver for the Nook HD?  I couldn't find this in the settings.

Thanks!

Reader 4
Mothemom

Re: Using pictures for wallpaper and screensaver for Nook HD

I'm not sure if it's different with the update (2.1) as I haven't updated my Nook HD yet.

Having stated that, up until the 2.1 update, what you do is tap and hold on the home screen and then select "wallpaper" from the pop up menu on the bottom of the screen. If you want a picture that you've added to the Nook, select "gallery" and then just crop the image after you select it.
Contributor
KatsNook
0 Kudos

Thanks!!!

Reader
retrdgtchr
0 Kudos

I tried your suggestion about setting a picture as my wallpaper, but in cropping it, only a small portion was saved.  How can you use an entire picture as the wallpaper?  This is on an HD+ Thanks. 

Inspired Contributor
BrittanynCory
0 Kudos

More than likely your photo just isn't the right size. What worked for the previous Nooks isn't going to work on the hd/hd+. The dimensions need to be around 1920x1200 in order for the image to work properly and fill up the multiple screens. Even at this size, you may have to crop. Every new device is a learning experience :smileywink:

New User
AlStead
0 Kudos

This doesn't work. (It's not because I'm having a "learning experience" -- it's because it doesn't work.)
Frequent Contributor
lilacangel
0 Kudos

It does work, I just did it today. I can post instructions later if you want.

Contributor
Ldyghst
0 Kudos