Distinguished Correspondent
cgsmom

VOB File conversion

I was recently interviewed for a news story. I contacted the station to see if I could get a copy of the interview.  They sent me a DVD with a VOB file on it.  I have DVD Catalyst, but I cannot get it to convert the DVD. I can copy the VOB file to my computer, but I would like to have it on my Nook HD+.  Any ideas would be appreciated. 

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

Re: VOB File conversion

I recommend you contact the deveveloper at www.tools4movies.com - he used to be active on these boards and very responsive to requests for help.

Reader
barryem
0 Kudos

I have MX Player from Google Play on my HD and HD+ and it plays everything just fine. I'm pretty sure I've played .vob files with it, although I'm not 100% certain I have.

They have a free ad supported version so you can try it and see.

Barry
Contributor
sivadselim
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Check out the program, Handbrake. It will allow you to convert the video to a considerably smaller and more appropriate .mp4 file. Be aware that the HD/HD+'s native video player doesn't handle anamorphic files properly. If you need this functionality to work correctly, try a 3rd party viewer. The MX Player mentioned above is a great app.

Scribe
dvdcatalyst
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for using DVD Catalyst.

While I do try and visit the forums on a regular basis, if you have any questions, an email is the quickest way to get my attention :smileyhappy:

Anyway, if the DVD contains just a vob file, it is not a DVD in the actual DVD standard, and DVD Catalyst will not recognize it as such. Just drag the vob file over (from the DVD or from your computer) on top of DVD Catalyst, and it should scan/convert it in video file mode.