New User
cwcCC
0 Kudos

Re: What's the difference between move to cloud and archive?

I have a Nook touch and a HD+.  When I archive from the Nook touch it sometimes takes it off the HD+ also and sometimes does not.  Never sure what is going to happen.  I think they should come up with an archive feature on the HD and HD+.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

There is one, but for some reasone it's hidden.  Hold down the Volume Up button at the same time you tap a book cover, and the hidden menu will appear.  It has the option to archive.

Reader 2
PumpkinLI
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the "cloud" icon is still visible on files "archived" in this fashion, making this process confusing. As I understand archived files should remain on your Nook while "moving files to the cloud" would require an actual WIFI download to retrieve them, since they should now reside on B&N's servers.
I'm curious about B&N's position about this matter and wonder whether they anticipate fixing this problem.
Unless I'm wrong I believe a simple fix is to separate "archived" from "cloud" files or at least to identify them differently.
Reader 2
PumpkinLI
0 Kudos

After searching for further explanation about the difference between "cloud" and "archive", it appears that there is none, which explains this "hidden" menu.. For me, this mix up started when my latest issue of the Times couldn't download and had a "PREORDER" sticker. I have had this subscription for some time and didn't know what was happening. None of the commands on the menu would work. This is when support told me to use the "hidden" menu to unstuck the file, by selecting
"archive"!!! A B&N server had a problem and deliveries for a few periodicals got hung in the process.It appears that this has been happening every now and then.
New User
wanjen
0 Kudos

what does the arrow in the upper left corner mean?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

wanjen wrote:

what does the arrow in the upper left corner mean?

Arrow in the upper left corner of what?

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

The arrow in the upper left corner of the app/book/magazine icon means the item is archived/clouded and can be reinstalled by tapping the icon. If that's not the arrow you are referring to, please clarify.