Frequent Contributor
karlpov
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

When will CBZ (comic book zip) files again be accessible?

Has any announcement been made by B&N about remedying the fact that the latest update makes it impossible to display comic books in the CBZ format which is advertised as available on Nook HD+? Does B&N pay any attention at all to these forums?

Distinguished Correspondent
celandinehobbit

Re: When will CBZ (comic book zip) files again be accessible?

karlpov wrote:

Has any announcement been made by B&N about remedying the fact that the latest update makes it impossible to display comic books in the CBZ format which is advertised as available on Nook HD+? Does B&N pay any attention at all to these forums?

There are alternatives. I checked and there are at least two highly rated apps in the Google Play store that will open CBZ/zip and will even read comics from the sd card. 

A Comic Viewer

Perfect Viewer

Good luck!

Frequent Contributor
maxspr1
0 Kudos

Until they fix this, I'd also recommend Comicat, my favorite app from the Play Store for reading comics (I've tried several).

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 40

[ Edited ]

Hi karlpov,

We're sorry that we've inconvenienced many readers. As we work to resolve this issue, we recommend downloading ComicRack Free from the Google Play Store.

Of course you can also try some of the listed readers in other posts as well.

Hope this helps.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
New User
bigsarge75
0 Kudos

Alex,

It shouldn't take this long for an update, and recomending other apps is a copout. When will this issue be resolved? Also, ComicRack is a horrible app to recomend.

New User
moonswing

I really hope this will be resolved super soon :smileysad: I don't want to have to use an app to read my comics.
Correspondent
draksig
0 Kudos

ANy update on this subject?  Nook HD goes crazy when I side load CBZ files and any comic reader I download from google play does not see my SD card.  When I had my nook color I converted cbz to epub using calibre but calibre does not have an option to format for Nook HD (but they do for HD+ but those files are HUGE) and hte results are tiny pictures.

Any help?  WHy does the various reader apps not recognize my SD card?