Contributor
Kena73359
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Won't turn on

My son was playing a game on my Nook and it started restarting itself. now I can't get it to turn on. I plug it into the charger and it acts like it's going to turn on but won't get past the loading part. It getting to 99% and won't go any farther. I have unplugged it and tried turning it on but it won't do anything I've had it since December. What can I do? please please any help will be helpful. I was in the middle of a book

Inspired Correspondent
Pie-Is-Tasty
0 Kudos

Re: Won't turn on

1. Try visiting your local B&N (knowledgeable) or contacting Nook Support at 1-800-THE-BOOK (not too knowledgeable).

2. Is it still stuck at the 99% loading thing with the gray outline of a book? Try holding down the power button for about 20 to 30 seconds. Tell me what happens.

3. What app was this?

Once upon a time, there lived a pie. He was very tasty.
Contributor
Kena73359
0 Kudos

I've been meaning to go to the store but with 4 kids it's hard to find the time. And I hate call the support lines because I've never had any luck with anyone ACTUALLY helping me, from anywhere. I tried restarting it and it's still stuck on 99%. He was playing Where's My Mickey.

Inspired Correspondent
Fat_Old_Guy
0 Kudos

Do you have more than one profile?

Contributor
Kena73359
0 Kudos

mine and one for my kids. so they can't purchase anything

Inspired Correspondent
Fat_Old_Guy
0 Kudos

Unfortunately it seems the so called 99 percent bug is related to switching between profiles. As far as I know the only "fix" is restoring to factory settings.

Contributor
Kena73359
0 Kudos

How do I do that when it won't get past the 99%??

Inspired Correspondent
Fat_Old_Guy

[ Edited ]

Turn it off by holding down the power button, then Hold down the power button and the home button (the n at the bottom) at the same time.  and it will prompt to do a factory reset. you may want to see if it turns on correctly and if so try and skip the reset.

Contributor
Kena73359
0 Kudos

Sir I could kiss you. Thank you very very much

Inspired Correspondent
Fat_Old_Guy

My wife would not like that LOL :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
kmm76

In case this helps anyone, I also got my "stuck at 99%" problem solved just now by doing a factory reset, however holding the power and home button at the same time didn't work. What worked was to turn it off by holding the power button, then turning back on by holding the power button, then pressing the 'n' home button once as it was powering back on (at the black "nook" screen part, not the book/% screen). See http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-HD-HD-Support/Stuck-at-loading-99-won-t-boot-up/m-p/1470...
New User
3D-simplicity
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem. It wouldnt turn on minus the 99%. Just plain wouldnt work. After pressing home and power button at the same time it came back on minus the reset prompt.

Contributor
lbrychic
0 Kudos

This happened to one of the Nooks at my library. I plugged it into a computer and it reset itself.  We just had to register it again.

New User
judithr
0 Kudos

Thanks ! That was a big help!!

Reader
StrategicSerendipity
0 Kudos

I have been searching for an answer online for over an hour and every spot lists the factory reset wrong. Thank you for clarifying!