New User
NookieCS
0 Kudos

apps not working, 'unfortunately, shop has stopped' etc

Anyone help with this.

NOOK HD, few days old.

All been working fine then a day or so ago, twitter not working, facebook not working, some other apps not working. Mainly google play type apps. Some ok, some not.

Had some com.google.process.gapps errors but after messing with various things this has stopped. Twitter now working but facebook, play movies and some others not working. Tried updating/installing apps again but it states 'incompatible update'. If I try to run some of the apps I just get 'unfortunately, shop has stopped'.

Nook applied a software update today and I thought that might sort it but no luck, any ideas?

Thanks.

Contributor
DeadInside
0 Kudos

Re: apps not working, 'unfortunately, shop has stopped' etc

NookieCS wrote:

Anyone help with this.

NOOK HD, few days old.

All been working fine then a day or so ago, twitter not working, facebook not working, some other apps not working. Mainly google play type apps. Some ok, some not.

Had some com.google.process.gapps errors but after messing with various things this has stopped. Twitter now working but facebook, play movies and some others not working. Tried updating/installing apps again but it states 'incompatible update'. If I try to run some of the apps I just get 'unfortunately, shop has stopped'.

Nook applied a software update today and I thought that might sort it but no luck, any ideas?

Thanks.

what?

Bibliophile
laurieb52

He's a new user and his HD did not come preinstalled with software version 2.1.1. Automatic over-the-air updates will occur to bring devices up to the current software version, or you can manually update to the current version by tapping on settings, device info, then tapping on the software version to check for updates.
Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
New User
NookieCS
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments, have you got any ideas to help though?
Contributor
DeadInside
0 Kudos

hold the on off button for 20 sec, continue to hold even after the message to shut down. Restart and check if all is normal

New User
Phillygirl60
0 Kudos

I am currently having this same problem, whato I Do???