Contributor
mapeno59
0 Kudos

change background or text color on HD?

Overall, the HD is a nice package for the money. My one quibble so far is that, on certain menus, there isn't much contrast between the background color and the text color. Is it possible to change either? Thanks!
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: change background or text color on HD?

Which menus?

There are two aspects to it.

If you're talking about the B&N OS UI then it's B&N who have done the decisions. That isn't changeable - as far as I know. There might be a high contrast option in settings. Actually there is. Check it out.

If you're talking about Apps then Apps use the Android guidelines. And sometimes it isn't very readable, unfortunately.

Contributor
mapeno59
0 Kudos

I wondered if the UI was simply set by B&N, but I thought I'd ask, in case I was missing something.  It's a minor thing, hardly a deal breaker.  Overall, I can strongly recommend the HD! I'll play around with the contrast option and see if that improves things. Thanks for your reply.  

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

you're welcome.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Can can you tell me where the option to increase contrast is located?  I'ver been unable to find it on my HD+.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

OK, sorry - It's only for the browser.

If you go to Settings > Applications > Browser

Then click on Accessibility, there are some options like Text Size and Inverted Screen rendering. Also Contrast. You can increase contrast from 100% to 300%.