Contributor
sccarol
0 Kudos

emails disappearfrom my inbox & other eail aggravations

Emails have a way of just disappearing from my inbox. They are not in the trash folder either. Does anyone else have that problem? Also, how do i delete emails from the trash folder - there is probably an obvious way to do that but i have not managed to findit!! I gotso aggravated with the email app that I tried to install k9, but itkeeps telling me that the username or password I entered is incorrect. I doublechecked & redid it numerous times w no luck. Any suggestions?
Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Re: emails disappearfrom my inbox & other eail aggravations

Do you have any other device also fetching emails? What I've found is that my HD+ will sometimes fetch an email (it is configured to "leave mail on server")... Then later, before I read the message on the Nook, my desktop computer fetches all mail and deletes the messages from the server. Then when I do try to open the Nook email, it finds the message gone.

Either the Nook did another check of the server, and found that even the downloaded message was no longer there, so deleted it locally; OR the Nook is only downloading the headers and fetches the body when you try opening it (again finding it missing -- this option would trigger WiFi access when trying to fetch the mail to read)

As for K9, since I've not examined it, do you have the proper mail servers listed -- maybe you have the name/password correct, but are accessing the wrong servers.

Baron Wulfraed
Wordsmith
AlbionRose

I found that the email app deleted my mail from the inbox before i could open & read it. What's more, it deleted it from my isp server too so it never made it to my pc.  It was set up never to delete and not to sync but this still happened. 

In a moment of despair I gave the n2a card a go.

What i found was that the stock ice cream sandwich email app did exactly the same thing, so it must be to do with my isp settings interacting with android 4.2 or something.

I reported the error to B&N CS and started using my isp's web page to access my emails til it gets sorted.

Contributor
sccarol
0 Kudos

That is not encouraging!
Contributor
sccarol
0 Kudos

Wulfraed, my husband & I each have smart phones, computer/laptop & tablet, but accounts are configured to leave them on the server, which they do seem to do. And the emails which disappear are inconsistent, w the exception of the nytimes, which the app particularly doesnt like. I have 2 email id's, which seems to complicate things, since the app switches from individual views of one id or the other, or the combined view, & each view seems to act differently. So I dont know what the problem is.