Frequent Contributor
Loves_Laughter
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

free Friday

How do I download book on Nook HD? I didnt see it in the shop section like on the Nook Tablet.
Wordsmith
2noelle

Re: free Friday

You will have to bookmark the nook blog page or like them on facebook. I think it would be really helpful to have both the daily deal and free Friday deal on the Nook daily page, would make all the sense in the world.
Inspired Wordsmith
julestrik

I agree with this. I had the original Nook and every day they sent Nook blog (can't remember name) where they talk about what happened in literature that day, or talk about author whose bday was that day. I so enjoyed reading that and having it delivered to my Nook. This should also be on the Nook daily.
Correspondent
Wulfraed

It takes some searching, but Daybook can be found and bookmarked in the browser. The other blog is "Unbound", and it too can be found and bookmarked.

http://bnreview.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Daybook/bg-p/daybook

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/The-NOOK-Blog/bg-p/Unbound

Baron Wulfraed
Frequent Contributor
Loves_Laughter
0 Kudos

The Nook Daily Find is loaded under Shop...you can scroll their advertisement and find it there, but it also used to have Free Friday books located in the shop. I didn't see the Free Friday advertisement on the shop last week. Did they remove it from the shop on the Nook HD????

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

Loves_Laughter wrote:

The Nook Daily Find is loaded under Shop...you can scroll their advertisement and find it there, but it also used to have Free Friday books located in the shop. I didn't see the Free Friday advertisement on the shop last week. Did they remove it from the shop on the Nook HD????

Yes.  However you can still get the free friday book for free by following the directions above. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Frequent Contributor
Loves_Laughter
0 Kudos

That is kind of a pain. It should have been left in the shop, it was much easier than going to the web to download from the internet. Bummer.
Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

You only need to go to the web to see the book.  Once you know the title you can search it in the shop and you're good to go. 

Yes, it's still a pain, but not -so-much as having to buy via the website for a book for your Nook.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Contributor
th0ughts
0 Kudos

Hmm... I find the alternative to be just as helpful/easy:

a) tap on shop, find friday deal, tap on link, (link brings you to book) tap to purchase, and tap on book to download

(once page is saved/bookmarked)

b) open up web browser, go to bookmark section, tap on bookmark, tap to purchase, and tap on book to download

Contributor
XXjennXX

On the nook HD+ we have the Your Nook Today section on home page, B&N should put the daily & free friday in this section, not sure if its on the HD. 

Instead they just give you the same stale options for buying books some of which I either already own on the nook or I would never read.  Other than the weather its a waste of space for me.

Reader 2
JimDeFilippi
0 Kudos

I agree.

Jim DeFilippi
Inspired Contributor
RoseBaby

Hey don't fix this it saves me so much money the way it is. Getting the HD+ has been a real money saver since I don't have as easy access to the daily find or the discover feature I'm buying fewer books.  I can finish of a half dozen books in a series that I like in a week (Horrifically long commute) if I get hooked on the first one.  On the Nook color or tablet I could find similar books and more books by the same author as well.  Now I have to go online and look up the author or browse the shops so instead I re-read an old book. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

My vote for Best Comment Ever!

Inspired Correspondent
thans56
0 Kudos

I agree with yesterday! Since xmas I've bought about $100 in books for kindle fire because I get good suggestion and daily find is easy to get to. That could have been at bn if the set up was anywhere as good. Back when I had my nook color it was the other way around. Now I'm kinda stuck with this hd+ and not very happy with it at all.