Frequent Contributor
edhoel
0 Kudos

magazine subscriptions

I purchased a subscription to a magazine and have received 3 editions as of today. The first month is no longer showing in my library. Does the nook HD+ only show the two latest editions? Are the previous months archived?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: magazine subscriptions

Previous months are archived. I thought it was after 6 months. Not sure if that's changed to after 3 months.

Note: Please check this or wait for other responses. I've also read in one thread that after a year it disappears (the one year old issue). That would be terrible if true.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

To the OP:

Go to your library, then magazines. Look in the lower left hand corner for the icon with the horiz bars. Select View Archive. 

5ivedom,for some reason I'm thinking it would show up to 10 issues. Then they would start disappearing after that if you hadnt archived. Dont remember why I think that though. There used to be some settings though; you could choose how many issue to keep active before starts archiving. But cant locate them on the HD. Any thoughts?

Frequent Contributor
edhoel
0 Kudos

I tried checking the archives as you stated but the back editions are not there

Contributor
TheWind
0 Kudos

edhoel wrote:

I tried checking the archives as you stated but the back editions are not there

From the device you can only view archive.

You need to scroll up from here and click account, sign in BN.com and go to 'manage sub's, click the pic of the issue and 'move to archive'.

Thats it dude.

Wicked witch of the West, don't $%#@ with me.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

NookGardener, I've read that too somewhere. 10 issues.

Wasn't aware that you had to Archive or they would disappear. That's very strange.

Contributor
TheWind
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

5ivedom wrote:

NookGardener, I've read that too somewhere. 10 issues.

Wasn't aware that you had to Archive or they would disappear. That's very strange.

Why? On Kindle you need to 'keep' or they begone. :smileywink: Important thin to note here for the OP is to archive from BN.com, not the device.

Wicked witch of the West, don't $%#@ with me.
Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

edhoel wrote:

I purchased a subscription to a magazine and have received 3 editions as of today. The first month is no longer showing in my library. Does the nook HD+ only show the two latest editions? Are the previous months archived?

Settings/Home

Has a control for how many will show on the home page. Library may use a different algorithm -- not sure since (having a First Edition that allowed direct access to all content) I normally copied the back issues to an SD card and then archived to remove them from main library view. That trick doesn't work with the HD/+ as it combines SD card and main memory into one view.

My current operations are to download to computer (using the client application), load to First Edition SD card, then archive the content. Gives me two backups: SD card and computer, besides archive/cloud.

This may not be possible with the app-based magazines; Analog and Asimov are plain ebook formats.

Baron Wulfraed
Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin

As fas as I know, they are automatically archived after a certain number of issues--I thought it was eight, but I'm not certain on the number.  They should be available in Archive even if they were auto-archived.  At least that's what's happened with me when I've gotten behind on reading my mags,

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

edhoel wrote:

@ edhoel,  Did you ever find your magazines?  Do you mind telling us what magazine this was, or alternately who the publisher is?  TIA