Contributor
derfFL
0 Kudos

moving content to SDcard

On my Android phone and on my wife's Samsung tablet there are programs that allow you to move apps to the SD card and free up space on the internal memory.

Tried one on the new 2.1.0 build for the HD plus and get message stating that this can not be done.

Anyone know of a way to do this?

Inspired Contributor
wallacegal
0 Kudos

Re: moving content to SDcard

Are you trying to move Nook apps to the card or Play apps? As far as I know, the Nook apps are non-moveable. You should be able to install most Play apps directly to the card though. It's in the settings.

My Nook HD+ has been semi rooted since I got it, but I was never able to move Nook installed or installed secondary from the Nook market to the card. Only the Play apps.

Contributor
Beangrape
0 Kudos

I was just reviewing the owners manual for the Nook HD on the BN website. It looks like it has been updated with some information for the most recent update (2.1) There is information about Chrome browser, etc.

When reading the SD card section which starts on page 107 it says the following:

The number of periodicals you can store on card depends on the size

of the periodicals and the amount of storage on the card. Digital

magazines and newspapers vary dramatically in size. Some highly interactive,      photo-rich magazines can reach 1 GB each.

Does this mean we can start storing magazines on the SD card? Is this only if they are purchased through Google Play or will I be able to move magazines over that I purchased through the Nook shop?

Thanks for your help

Contributor
derfFL
0 Kudos

It doesn't matter, whatever I can move.  I forsee more google play apps than bn apps.

I looked in settings and can not find anything about where to store apps, only defalt for videos.

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

I believe some of the GP app managers allow moving apps to the card, I could do it in CM7 on my NC - will check the app I used when I have it available this evening. I was about to start a thread asking for recommendations on file and app managers since we now have so many available.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

derfFl - Apps bought from Nook App Store can't be moved to SD Card.

Apps from Google Play should be movable. Only hitch I can think of is if the Nook uses a custom App Manager (program that launches apps) and it only supports starting Apps from device.

In that case you'll have to get something like Aico File Manager or ES File Explorer or some App Manager and Launcher that'll let you store apps to SD Card and launch from SD Card.

That might work (but I don't know 100%).

New User
Sergiy
0 Kudos

I try to move Google play on my Nook HD 8 Gb - no chance.  With special programm for moving app to SD card - no chance.

I can choose only save video to SD, but apps from  Google Play - not.

Somebody know any possibility to do it?

Inspired Contributor
wallacegal
0 Kudos

System apps can't be moved to the SD card and Play is considered a system app. Most pre-loaded apps can't be moved to the SD card either and I have yet to find an app that will move them. The only things most apps designed to move others around will do is downloaded apps and the occasional pre-loaded one that is not proprietory.

You can try SDMove from the Play store which is a nice little app or App Wererabbit which does a bit more than SD Move, but if the apps are required to remain on the internal storage to work properly, and you do manage to move them somehow, they won't work.

Sorry