Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

music app can't create play list

I inserted an sd card inmy HD+.  Then formated it.  I copied some music to the card.  The HD+ found all the music, i then tried to create a play list and received a message that music stopped.   there were existing play lists that i copied to the card, and they worked and i could add songs.  But I could not create a new play list.

has anyone been able to create a play list?

Contributor
MaryLouSoczek
0 Kudos

Re: music app can't create play list

Nope. I sent an email to tech support last night about this!
Contributor
Pulitzer_Fan
0 Kudos

I also sent a report last night on this. I'm also seeing the following errors:

1. Unable to import a Playlist from Media Player - the songs import but the playlist doesn't.

2. Seeing duplicate names of the songs on the playlist. Only the last one is the active one.

3. Unable to launch the e-mail application. Get an error indicating application not found.

BTW - When attempting to create playlists, I'm seeing the Music Application crash. It's not just a situation of the Playlist not being able to be created.

These are the first 4 bugs I've seen after a day of playying with NookHD+.

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

I copied music files with existing play lists to the sd card (card was not in nook when folders copied) and those play lists i was able to add songs to and delete songs from. But creating a play list crashed the music program.
Inspired Correspondent
CharFL
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Having the same problem here too. I hope they resolve the bug soon!
New User
cjtodd
0 Kudos

Having same problem with Nook HD.  Loaded songs onto SD card and tried to create playlist, but music app crashed.  So, I into local B&N today and was told that the Nook can't make changes to the SD card.     Basically, when trying to create a playlist from within the Nook music player, with songs on SD card, the Nook is trying to create the playlist on the SD card...but it's not allowed to that, so the app crashes. 

My question is, which program are you using to create playlists, which are then transferred to the Nook?  It's a pain, but I wouldn't mind doing that on my desktop and transferring over to Nook, but not sure how to go about doing so. 

Inspired Correspondent
CharFL
0 Kudos

I am not making any playlists prior to attempting to make one using the music app. I just loaded my music as single songs...but still can not make a playlist on my nook.
New User
cjtodd

After looking a bit further, it appears the easiest thing to do is to create a .m3u file, which is a file format for multimedia playlists. 

*On your desktop/laptop computer, create a text file and give it the name of the playlist you want, with a ".m3u" extension.

**I created AlGreen.m3u

*IMPORTANT:   The first line in the file must be #EXTM3U

*Copy the .m3u file over to the SD Card

*From within the Nook music player, I went into the Al Green music folder on my SD card, 'clicked' and held one of the songs, choose the Add to Playlist option...and the AlGreen playlist was right there.  Was able to add the song to the playlist without app crashing.

Contributor
MaryLouSoczek
0 Kudos

THANKS!!! to cjtodd for a great solution. I created 5 blanks .m3u files and copied them over, and now I can add files to them. An ease and great work-around!

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG

It is a work around as existing play lists on your PC can be transferred to the HD+ and you can add and delete songs.

But this is not a solution to the inability to create a play list directly on the device, so B&N please add this to your things to fix for the next software update...
Correspondent
ewilson1114
0 Kudos

When I press and hold on a song I have the option to "Add to playlist" but when I select "New playlist" I get a popup saying the Music app has crashed.

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

The new update has fixed this problem.

Thanks B&N.
Contributor
deoren
0 Kudos

After the 2.0.4 update I'm still seeing duplicate entries and now none of my music files (FLAC) are playing.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Excellent Tip CjTodd. Thanks.