New User
John_Pony
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

my computer won't see my Nook

I just bought a Nook HD+ and i was wanting to add a PDF file to the library. but my computer don't want to see it at all.  it knows it there because of the lights flashing.......

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

Re: my computer won't see my Nook

The Nook HD devices are set up as media devices rather than storage devices as previous nooks have been so the computer will deal with it differently. Do a search through this forum or through the thread "top 10 workarounds for the HD/HD+" and you should find why it works this way, how to get it to work and what to do if it's not working. Or wait and someone with more tech knowledge will show up and explain what to do better than I could. Once I get something working, I forget how I did it as time passes.

Inspired Contributor
Swedereades
0 Kudos

Asa Compulsiveread says it's set up as a media (MTP) device, and should show up an icon that looks like an MP3 player with headphones. So not as a mass storage device as you might ecpect.

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

If still not showing up, completely power down both devices and start over.FYI, my computer thinks my hd is a camera. If I look at my HD, mtp is being used. Go figure. As long as just copying files over, still seems to work. 

New User
John_Pony
0 Kudos

it worked!  starting both at the same time worked!  thank you!

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

yes, some computers will see it as a camera and that is okay as long as it's seeing your device. You should be able to open it and browse, etc.