Inspired Contributor
gogirlEH
0 Kudos

Re: n2a card fir hd+

Sounds great still waiting for mine to come in mail. Loved it on my nook tablet.
Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie
0 Kudos

Downloading the image was simple and the cost is the same regardless which size card you have.
mrskooshie
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

I liked mine on my NC at first, but it got to be such a pain in the butt to reboot every time I wanted to switch OS's, that I finally did the manualnooter on it and I LOVE that!! Could quickly switch back and forth without having to rebook and wait for it to reload every time. That's what I'm waiting for on my HD+ because I can't get ADB to work. I know it will happen, I just have to be patient.

Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

It's great that you are having a good experience with the N2A card, Mrs Kooshie.  

Is your Nook HD+ still changing orientation if you turn it sideways when you browse the internet?

And how much memory is showing up as available for your sd card?

Contributor
rickey_boy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I downloaded the n2a image as well last weekend and am having some of the same issues as others here.  For instance, my 32gb card only shows 9gb of available space remaining.  The sound buttons don't work and I also had to use an sd card adapter to write the image from my computer since the Nook doesn't recognize the image file.  I also had to insert six "fix" files from the n2a card website after install to get the HD+ to boot into Android at all.  That may be a fix for people who are having issues with it rebooting to the Nook OS after a few minutes or for the portrait orientation issues.  Mine now works flawlessly except for the sound and storage issues.  I'm also hoping for more fixes in the near future.  Oh and one last thing.  To go back and forth between the Nook OS and Android, I am popping the sd card in or out until after each reboot.  Is that what others are doing or am I missing something?  There is no choice between powering down or rebooting to Nook as there was with the Nook Tablet n2a card.      

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Something else about the n2a cards for the HD+ - when they first released them, every device using them had the same layer two network address - Verygreen's address, in fact -  because of an oversight by the fellow who first comiled them.  

Realized that this morning and chuckled.  

Do update the card if it's more than a few days old.  And if you happen to have more than one HD+ and used this card on both, well, that's why your network gacked - having two instances of the same hardware address on your lan doesn't work well.  

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie
0 Kudos

I so totally didn't notice the memory available, I submitted a ticket for their tech support to address the issue.
mrskooshie
Frequent Contributor
kevinp

mrskooshie wrote:
I so totally didn't notice the memory available, I submitted a ticket for their tech support to address the issue.

I'm sure they put together a 16 GB SD card and then just made copies of the disk image. When you copy the image to a 32 GB card, it will only use 16 GB worth of the card.

There's a way to fix it using a program called GParted. But if you had to order a premade card from someone instead of making your own from the instructions on the web site, you probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to use GParted (not meaning to be insulting).

Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

:smileylol:

I'm not insulted - you are absolutely right!!

The comand prompt on my pc is rarely used, and then only if I'm heavily supervised...

Thanks for the tip abt fixes on the site, Rickyboy, I'll check them out.

Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie
0 Kudos

I did think the issue must have been due to the card size, I am thinking about copying it onto a 16 GB card to see if that works but seriously I think they need to address the issue and if they need to send me a new image then that's what they will need to do. I don't have a clue how to do what you suggested and I really don't have the time at this point to figure it out, nor should I have to if its there mistake.
mrskooshie
Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie
0 Kudos

I have no problems with the orientation, there is a setting for orientation that you can choose to either have it change or not.

I have 9 GB of memory left on the SD Card when I am supposed to have 16 GB. They have responded to my email and seem to think that I am confusing the memory on the Nook HD+ with the memory on the SD card.

Last night I copied the image over to a 16GB card and it is showing the correct memory allocation for that size card so I responded that perhaps they have the downloads linked to the wrong size cards and requested they send me a download for the 32GB card which is what I ordered. I am waiting to hear back from them again.

I still have no issues with the card except that I am unable to boot into Nook mode, which I did pose as a question to them in my e-mail and they responded that it is a known issue and they are working on it. So at this point you must remove the card when the device is off in order to get back to the Nook side.
mrskooshie
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

MrsKooshie, I know that on HD and HD+ it wrongly shows 9 GB available for Nook itself even when it's 16 GB or 32GB.

Perhaps you are seeing a variant of that bug - just this time for SD Card?

Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie
0 Kudos

No, I believe this is an issue with the image written to the card from N2A card. Did the whole thread? If this was an issue with the Nook not reading the SD card properly then I would think that the 16GB card would not be reading correctly either.
mrskooshie
Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

I got a new image from them, reformatted SD card and copied it again. 25GB of space this time, and working much better too.
Bibliophile
5ivedom

OK thanks for clearing that up. Yes, from what Albion Rose wrote it seems it's an issue on their end.

Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie
0 Kudos

Received my new download. I'm happy to report that my SD card now reads the correct amount of memory free :-) Still very stable also.
mrskooshie
Inspired Contributor
gogirlEH
0 Kudos

Just got my n2a card for HD+. Works great. Busy downloading apps.

Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie
0 Kudos

Congrats, it took me hours to get my HD set up just the way I like it and signed in to all my apps :-)
mrskooshie
Inspired Contributor
gogirlEH
0 Kudos

It will me too but its kinda fun. Lol
Inspired Contributor
gogirlEH
0 Kudos

Just wanted everyone to know my n2a card works perfect. Its fun downloading tons of free apps