Inspired Contributor
fitbobcat
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

nook video

I am wondering if any of you have bought a movie on nook or rented a movie. How well does it work. Is it worth the price.
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
Bibliophile
5ivedom

Re: nook video

Based on what users have written and my personal experience.

1) Rental prices are decent.

2) Full Movie prices are good to decent when there are sales and for newer movies. But not for older movies.

The process seems to work fine for most. But a few people, including me, ran into problems with purchases. It seems to be rare though.

Wordsmith
PlanetGreen
0 Kudos

Works great, and streaming is no problem, unless you have a slow connection. The biggest issue believe it or not is boxart. If you plan to buy a movie call CS and have them stream it on their device to see if there is a boxart displayed on the Nook homescreen. Often times there is a boxart in the shop and on your device a big grey 'N' which no one wants. You have been forwarned.
It's a small world afterall except when your far away.
Inspired Correspondent
Science_man
0 Kudos

So the ultraviolet movie thing works? Will go on a trip soon and wondering about purchasing a movie. I thought people were having issues with that.
Wordsmith
PlanetGreen
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Science_man wrote:
So the ultraviolet movie thing works? Will go on a trip soon and wondering about purchasing a movie. I thought people were having issues with that.

Yea they are. If you buy a UV movie at VUDU, or whatever, you'll need to deregister/register the Nook to get them to show up in the library (reformat the device under settings/device). There's no other way, period. Make sure UV is linked with VUDU, etc. or flixster.

Option 2 is download flixster app, and play the movies (SD) through that since flixster refreshes your library correctly.

And ofcourse if you buy the movie through the Nook store, there's no issues.

And oh yea, make sure the movie you are purchasing is offered in the Nook store on the device, if its by Paramount, MGM (Skyfall) and others, it will show in your library as unsupported and your out of luck except through flixster.

Lame.

It's a small world afterall except when your far away.